Do you think this glitch to buy Cargobob will be patched?

#1Kovalchuk_Posted 12/12/2013 1:45:50 PM
Now that I have no LSC glitch I have to go back to being cheap, I don't want to spend the 185k and then lose it and the cargobob if R* patches it.

Not sure why you couldn't buy one before but what do you guys think?
---
3754-7115-0719
#2caffeinepiratePosted 12/12/2013 1:54:28 PM
Yes, they probably wil wipe it from your Pegasis inventory next patch.

It wouldn't surpise me if they eventually put it up for sale, but make the sale price about $2 million or so, so it's on par with the rest of the vehicle prices.
#3megapwnPosted 12/12/2013 1:57:57 PM
I dunno if they'll care enough. For one thing I'm surprised it's not in multiplayer already... the only reason I can think that it isn't is that a few missions make you steal a Cargobob from Ft. Zancudo, which makes no sense if you can just get one from Pegasus. That's probably why they performed a last-minute emergency Cargobob-ectomy from Online. For another, you can find them randomly all the time at helipads. It's not like this is game-breaking in any way, except for making certain missions a little easier.
#4Zin_LGPosted 12/12/2013 2:12:45 PM
megapwn posted...
I dunno if they'll care enough. For one thing I'm surprised it's not in multiplayer already... the only reason I can think that it isn't is that a few missions make you steal a Cargobob from Ft. Zancudo, which makes no sense if you can just get one from Pegasus. That's probably why they performed a last-minute emergency Cargobob-ectomy from Online. For another, you can find them randomly all the time at helipads. It's not like this is game-breaking in any way, except for making certain missions a little easier.

According to the people in the other topic you still have to go to the army base and attempt to steal one or the next objective won't activate. All owning one does let you use your own in case the one you've stolen gets destroyed and you don't want to go all the way back to the army base.
---
Backlog progress: PS3- 26/43, 360 - 4/8, PSP- 14/48, PC ??/??
Recent completes - Heavy Rain :DC, Bastion, L.A. Noire, Assassin's Creed 2, NIER, Dante's Inferno
#5caffeinepiratePosted 12/12/2013 2:13:35 PM
megapwn posted...
I dunno if they'll care enough. .

They cared enough to get rid of harmless things like the Ratloader, so I think mr. bob is a dead man walking.

I've read on other forums that during missions you still have to steal the indicated cargobob even if you bring your own from pegasus.
#6FrolexPosted 12/12/2013 2:19:15 PM
Yep. If they decided the f***ing Rat Loader needed to go for whatever goddamn reason, you can expect the cargobob to go missing form your Pegasus list once 1.08 rolls around
---
http://i.minus.com/iCegNWUSUXFes.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibtFz1bwSGUKlw.gif
#7SplatulatedPosted 12/12/2013 2:24:26 PM
Frolex posted...
Yep. If they decided the f***ing Rat Loader needed to go for whatever goddamn reason, you can expect the cargobob to go missing form your Pegasus list once 1.08 rolls around

but i was driving one of those last night o_0
#8viperxtremeus81Posted 12/12/2013 2:24:42 PM
I sold my Rat Loader before the patch. I had put upgrades into and, yet once I sold it, didn't give me a lot back. Only about $3,450.
---
Xbox Live: Noah C Kent
#9megapwnPosted 12/12/2013 2:25:36 PM
On the contrary, I suspect the Ratloader (and other vehicles) were not killed for specific reasons but rather general ones. There was some hidden class or group of vehicles they didn't want us to have access to for some reason, and they threw a switch that took several perfectly innocuous vehicles with it. As others have pointed out there was no good reason to kill the Ratloader by itself - it spawns in Online and has available mods. Rockstar hasn't even supplied a reasonable explanation, unless you count the know-nothing hand-waving of support drones (and I don't).

The Cargobob is a different thing. If they remove it, it will be a specific action against the vehicle to take it out of our inventories. I don't think they'll treat that as a high priority. People have been able to get that from Pegasus for a while - it's just that the new glitch is simpler than the old single player-to-Online merge glitch.

And about those missions, you may have to get the one it tells you to, but this will still make it easier because you can steal that one, immediately land it, and go lose your wanted level in a car (much easier than in a Cargobob) - then call in a replacement if it's more convenient or the old one was shot up. I've been the pilot on those missions a half-dozen times and I'd be happy to have a spare Cargobob in my back pocket.
#10OliverQueen612Posted 12/12/2013 2:52:58 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Now that I have no LSC glitch I have to go back to being cheap, I don't want to spend the 185k and then lose it and the cargobob if R* patches it.

Not sure why you couldn't buy one before but what do you guys think?

Keep posting about it and they'll notice Smh