So basically, anybody that didn't get any hacked money...

#1BellethorPosted 12/30/2013 10:31:27 AM
Is totally and utterly screwed over while everyone runs them over with tanks?
---
Fighting Game Mains: UMVC3: Ghost Rider, Vergil, Frank. BlazBlue: Carl, Ragna. Guilty Gear: Eddie, Order Sol. Anarchy Reigns: Nikolai
#2SplatulatedPosted 12/30/2013 10:34:02 AM
Bellethor posted...
Is totally and utterly screwed over while everyone runs them over with tanks?

only if they want stick around free roam

or be me and never get into any hacked lobbies and every player is under level 10 while im like level 60 ... even if join new session 25 times in row im always highest level player .-.
#3KilledByAlisaPosted 12/30/2013 10:34:12 AM
You would think people would've learned from this with the LSC glitch lol.
---
GT: Varaza
http://i.imgur.com/f1OGDqj.jpg
#4megapwnPosted 12/30/2013 10:57:09 AM
Rockstar would be well-advised to do several things in the upcoming weeks and patches:

- Remove tanks from anyone too low-ranked to have unlocked them. If stripping them out of the database is too time-consuming, a simple check in the code that activates the Pegasus request menu would do it. Just hide the damn thing until they're high enough of a level to actually be able to have it.

- Add a cooldown timer to Pegasus. I've been griping and griping about this, and I still don't get it. Why does every other phone function, even innocuous ones like the mechanic, have a timer but Pegasus doesn't? It should be a substantial one too - like 15 minutes or something. Enough that if you lose your tank, you can't just call up a new one immediately.

- Nerf their health. I'd be in favor of cutting it in half. They will still be the most powerful thing in free roam by a mile, but you'd actually be able to cripple them with a half-dozen RPG shots. As it stands now, all you can do is call a mugger (works less than a quarter of the time) or get your own tank.
#5PvtPorkSordPosted 12/30/2013 10:58:53 AM
Na there's a surprising # of people like me who have 100 mil and tanks/chopper that never break them out unless some tool does it first. I played in the same lobby with the same'ish people for a long time . Then ***wad420bluntz4life or whatever joined and pulled out a tank to troll. All of the sudden like 4 tanks appeared and camped him til he quit.
#6HELZEROPosted 12/30/2013 10:59:28 AM
megapwn posted...
Rockstar would be well-advised to do several things in the upcoming weeks and patches:

- Remove tanks from anyone too low-ranked to have unlocked them. If stripping them out of the database is too time-consuming, a simple check in the code that activates the Pegasus request menu would do it. Just hide the damn thing until they're high enough of a level to actually be able to have it.

- Add a cooldown timer to Pegasus. I've been griping and griping about this, and I still don't get it. Why does every other phone function, even innocuous ones like the mechanic, have a timer but Pegasus doesn't? It should be a substantial one too - like 15 minutes or something. Enough that if you lose your tank, you can't just call up a new one immediately.

- Nerf their health. I'd be in favor of cutting it in half. They will still be the most powerful thing in free roam by a mile, but you'd actually be able to cripple them with a half-dozen RPG shots. As it stands now, all you can do is call a mugger (works less than a quarter of the time) or get your own tank.

:: death groan ::
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#7NothingfacePosted 12/30/2013 11:00:35 AM
megapwn posted...

^^^
---
What's the difference between a vitamin and a hormone?
You can't hear a vitamin.
#8megapwnPosted 12/30/2013 11:11:15 AM(edited)
HELZERO posted...
megapwn posted...

:: death groan ::

If you disagree, please explain why. And bear in mind, you're talking to a tank owner.

I'm sorry, I just feel like they're too dominant, they mess up free roam too much, and lobbies where a tank comes out tend to turn into a cluster**** of tank vs. tank vs. tank. Which is maybe fun for the guys in the tanks - not so much for the other innocent white dots who get spawn-killed or turn into collateral damage. I believe tanks were meant to be rare in free roam - that's why they're expensive and why you have to be a high level to unlock them. But thanks to money hacks and the URL exploit, probably ten or twenty times as many people have them as would be expected. And as for their complete indestructibility and the lack of cooldown on Pegasus, that's just short-sightedness on Rockstar's part. They completely underestimate how bound and determined some people are to be d-bags to everyone around them.

In any other game with heavy artillery and heavy vehicles like tanks, they go out of their way to balance them as much as possible. e.g. Halo, which has specific anti-vehicle weapons; the tank respawns on a very long timer so once it's destroyed, another one doesn't pop back up right away; and it even has weak spots so you can kill the driver or disable the tank quicker using regular guns. Now Halo is a competitive multiplayer and HAS to be balanced, whereas GTA can get away with a lot more. But not to the point that it isn't fun for the majority of players. To me, anything as imbalanced as the tank is inherently damaging to the multiplayer experience. It turns the entire online experience into a race to get a tank first, and then stay in one for as long as possible, or get a new one as soon as the old one is destroyed. It invalidates all the other options in the game that should be fun to use - all the other weapons and vehicles. I have fun driving around my BF Injection and trying to driveby people with an auto-pistol, even when they're in an Adder lobbing sticky bombs. But as soon as the tank comes out, my only option is get my own tank or leave. That's not fun. It's the opposite of fun.
#9JohapaPosted 12/30/2013 11:14:55 AM
Tanks are just part of the game, they are also so slow you can almost outrun them on foot. I so rarely bring a tank out even in response to another tank.

Tank trolling is a good way to get a few people to chase you since nobody is enticed by bounties anymore. I blame society.
#10megapwnPosted 12/30/2013 11:18:38 AM
Johapa posted...
Tanks are just part of the game, they are also so slow you can almost outrun them on foot.

Ha ha no.

I hear this kind of counter so much and just have to laugh. I've got tons of experience with fighting against tanks, and lately some experience with trolling with them as well (usually against somebody that just killed me with a tank a few times, or some of these God mode guys). It's not that easy to get away from them if they go out of their way to track you down. They're a lot faster than you on foot. If you're lucky you'll spawn with a nearby alley or some other place to hide that the tank can't access. If you're not lucky, you'll be somewhere wide open and just doomed until the tank decides to stop toying with you.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing is just a part of the game. Everything can be tweaked. Things that are annoying don't have to keep on being that annoying.