How do YOU think tank users should be punished?

#1King26JPosted 1/31/2014 9:53:10 AM
If you could decide how tank users should be punished, how you think they should be punished?

What I do:
1. If someone in a tank destroys a personal car they pay DOUBLE the insurance.

2. If someone in a tank kills an innocent player on foot they lose $1,000.

3. If they can't pay the bill for the personal car or player they killed they get kicked out the tank & the tank explodes.

Now if someone decides to shoot at the tank first, the tank user gets a free shot at them & kill them without paying a dime.

Thoughts? If you disagree on how I think tank users should be punished then tell me how YOU think they should be punished.
#2HELLWOLF06Posted 1/31/2014 9:59:21 AM
King26J posted...
If you could decide how tank users should be punished, how you think they should be punished?

What I do:
1. If someone in a tank destroys a personal car they pay DOUBLE the insurance.

2. If someone in a tank kills an innocent player on foot they lose $1,000.

3. If they can't pay the bill for the personal car or player they killed they get kicked out the tank & the tank explodes.

Now if someone decides to shoot at the tank first, the tank user gets a free shot at them & kill them without paying a dime.

Thoughts? If you disagree on how I think tank users should be punished then tell me how YOU think they should be punished.

i think they should only either get bad sport lobby points or pay insurance on the car not both
---
Try to find Gamefaqs http://xkcd.com/802_large/
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h474/BunnySock/mabinogi_2012_07_10_001.jpg
#3_Rushdown_Posted 1/31/2014 10:06:05 AM
They shouldn't be punished in any extra way for using an intended gameplay function like the tank. Just fix the glitch where they sometimes don't pay the insurance on blown up vehicles.
---
signature
#4cifer520Posted 1/31/2014 10:07:09 AM
It's ridiculous that they don't have to pay your insurance. I don't understand that logic at all, maybe it's because the tank is expensive, but they could always just lower the price. Major balancing issue because the tank doesn't make any discernible noise until you're really close to it and by that time you're gone. I hate going for a bounty and then ending up on the side of the road before I can blink, with no car and an insurance bill. This is either a colossal overlook by R* or their way of admitting that they don't care about griefing.
#5DeadH0RSEPosted 1/31/2014 10:09:35 AM
_Rushdown_ posted...
They shouldn't be punished in any extra way for using an intended gameplay function like the tank. Just fix the glitch where they sometimes don't pay the insurance on blown up vehicles.

---
http://m.imgur.com/KMI2H8l
#6cifer520Posted 1/31/2014 10:25:37 AM
Wow, that's a hell of a glitch, happens every time.
#7thegoronPosted 1/31/2014 10:29:39 AM
Only issue I have with tanks is when they don't pay insurance for blowing up my car. Other than that they're fine? I don't have a tank myself but it's pretty fun when someone pulls one out and the rest of the lobby band together to take it out.
#8megapwnPosted 1/31/2014 10:30:12 AM
cifer520 posted...
Wow, that's a hell of a glitch, happens every time.

No it doesn't. I play this game all the time and use a tank sometimes, and I've paid insurance very recently for cars I both shot and ran over.

As to the main question here - none of the above. Tank users don't need to be "punished." The thing just needs to be balanced to the rest of the game better. Same suggestions I always make:

1. Significant cooldown for calling in a tank needs to be added to Pegasus. 15+ minutes. So that you can't just grab a new one as soon as the old one is dead.

2. Take them away from everybody too low-ranked to have them, at least until they get to the right rank.

3. Nerf the tank's health by 25-50%. It can still survive a lot but taking it out with multiple explosives will actually be possible, instead of just like waving a flag that says "Come kill me!"

4. Finally, not just pertaining to tanks - killing a player in passive mode should result in a bad sport penalty. A significant one, unlike the current blowing-up-PVs penalty which is no deterrent at all.
#9Hitman_67Posted 1/31/2014 10:53:11 AM
The only time you get charged for a destroying a personal car while in a tank is if it's distant from the owner.

If the owner is close or near their car and your tank it's their fault for going towards a tank.
---
Founder of Phantom Ops (Wargames) Venchel Crime Family (GTAV)
GT: Lord Takahashi - Blops/HC-FFA best player
#10Brandon00151Posted 1/31/2014 11:25:07 AM
They should pick up their phone and call OP an WAHMBULANCE