People that toss explosives from the safety of their fast cars.

#11megapwnPosted 2/8/2014 7:50:19 AM
It's not that hard to defend against. If you see a white dot coming, go fast away from it and make a lot of turns. Don't crash - make them drive as well as you to keep up. Sticky bombs are hard to land when both cars are moving, at a distance, as long as the target car isn't constantly going in a straight line. You can also drive straight at them and then quickly swerve to the other side of the street once you're within throwing range - they'll usually miss.

If you want to get more aggressive, get out of your car and use your best automatic weapon + auto-aim to take care of business. A person on foot will beat a person in a car with ANY weapon the majority of the time, unless they're doing some backward-Entity stuff (and then they won't be using explosives, anyway).

If you're really running into somebody who blows you up then goes passive and comes back later for more, either start hunting them or switch lobbies. Some people are bound and determined to be jerks and may be quite good at it.
#12BigJohnWV04Posted 2/8/2014 11:28:46 AM
Do what I do, slam on the brakes and swerve to the side, believe it or not it confuses them and if you are lucky enough you can actually get them to kill themselves. Last night I had the FQ2 and was going to deliver it to Simeon and saw a blip closing it fast, got up on the bridge that leads into the docks and looked back and saw him closing in and saw the arm extended out. Realized he was about ready to chuck some C4 and quickly braked and swerved to my left and I guess it confused him and instead of tossing it at me it tossed it straight ahead, detonated and he was going so far and ran into his own explosion and killed himself.
---
"Do not think you have seen the last of me. Old food never dies, it just goes bad."
#13Bonezy_BPosted 2/8/2014 1:26:25 PM
ShartPants posted...
Does it happen so often that the game is unplayable?

Or are you just venting?

it happens countless times in every lobby i go into but thats only after i can actually get out of my apartment since there is always people waiting outside staring at my garage door with an assault at the top of the hill so i have no chance...

its not unplayable its just a bunch of little kids that think it makes them better to sucker punch people even though they don't stand a chance 1 on 1...
---
if i'm a danger to myself just think what i could do to you...
GT- Z3R0SAN1TY
#14ThaiGoldPosted 2/8/2014 1:27:57 PM
Bonezy_B posted...
ShartPants posted...

Or are you just venting?
it happens countless times in every lobby i go into but thats only after i can actually get out of my apartment since there is always people waiting outside staring at my garage door with an assault at the top of the hill so i have no chance...

its not unplayable its just a bunch of little kids that think it makes them better to sucker punch people even though they don't stand a chance 1 on 1...
You must have seriously done some stuff to p*** off the general population. Why do they hate you so much? lmao
#15CTLMPosted 2/8/2014 1:33:26 PM
Bonezy_B posted...
ShartPants posted...

Or are you just venting?

I just walk out my apartment in passive mode, flying the bird when people are waiting. When they get tired of sitting there and leave, grab your car.

I finally got to deal with the people who drive the motorcycles only to drop stickies and drive away super fast. Tricky! But not indefensible. First time someone did that, they definitely got the drop on me
---
PSN:CPortzline
#16BSmokin724Posted 2/8/2014 1:44:54 PM
I'm lvl 91 so people don't try to go after me a lot of the time.

But I do encounter people who try and blow me up when just driving around. I find those people can't shoot while driving.

But if I see some higher level picking on low levels. I'll go and make their life a living hell.

I'll even give my tank to the low level for them to spawn camp them. But that usually ends with them going crazy with power and killing everything and everyone they see including me.
---
Gt- ATx420 Sentinel it's a rocket launcher from 007 world
Is not enough n64
#17megapwnPosted 2/8/2014 2:38:15 PM
Bonezy_B posted...

If you're in the rich apartments that cost 400K - seriously, downgrade. That place is a murder zone. I swear half the players have an apartment in that building just because it's the most expensive one, and people swarm around it like flies waiting for cheap kills. There's also very often someone with a bounty inside, so players sit out there waiting to cash it in and killing anybody they come across in the meantime.
#18BSmokin724Posted 2/8/2014 2:52:55 PM
megapwn posted...
Bonezy_B posted...

If you're in the rich apartments that cost 400K - seriously, downgrade. That place is a murder zone. I swear half the players have an apartment in that building just because it's the most expensive one, and people swarm around it like flies waiting for cheap kills. There's also very often someone with a bounty inside, so players sit out there waiting to cash it in and killing anybody they come across in the meantime.

Yes it's a terrible place to live because of the campers outside constantly.

The 200k ones by the mors mutual is awesome.

Nobody really sits outside it. Ammunation, heliport by the docks and the lsc are right down the street. Plus the lsc right there hardly anyone ever goes there so you can go there in peace.
---
Gt- ATx420 Sentinel it's a rocket launcher from 007 world
Is not enough n64
#19megapwnPosted 2/8/2014 3:33:21 PM
I'm in the 205K apartment near to the beach. It's not quite as conveniently located but you've still got ready access to Ammunation and a convenience store, and it sits on or near two major roads that lead directly to the popular northside LSC and the waterfront helipad. And I'm rarely bothered coming or going.
#20namewitheldPosted 2/8/2014 5:09:54 PM
ITT - things that happen rarely happen all the time. Actually that sums up the internet as a whole.

In other news - water is wet.