Does Stealth have a purpose in Freeroam?

#1DevoidLightPosted 2/8/2014 6:59:31 AM
It's amazing in deathmatches, but what about freeroam? Can it help you evade police somehow? Or if you have Lester remove your blip from the map, can nearby players still see you if you're nearby and not sneaking?
#2XBPilotPosted 2/8/2014 7:04:29 AM
I'm pretty sure it makes your e-peen bigger.
#3Duh_Bad_GuyPosted 2/8/2014 7:54:27 AM
I stealth killed a cop and never got a star.
---
God never even knew who you were.
#4megapwnPosted 2/8/2014 7:56:17 AM
I heard a rumor that higher stealth meant you lost wanted levels faster when hiding from the cops. I have never tested this to see if it's true. Apart from that possibility, I don't think it has any purpose in free roam.
#5LegendGamekid8Posted 2/8/2014 9:16:55 AM
Less chance of cops being called on you too
#6ThaiGoldPosted 2/8/2014 9:57:11 AM
megapwn posted...
I heard a rumor that higher stealth meant you lost wanted levels faster when hiding from the cops. I have never tested this to see if it's true. Apart from that possibility, I don't think it has any purpose in free roam.
I have tested that and see no correlation between stealth and wanted stars. In fact several times with my lesser character, I have lost stars very quickly. To lose stars fast, you're better off switching vehicles while you are out of their sight.

It does serve a purpose when hiding from cops though. If you crouch inside of a bush that is larger than you, your arrow will turn grey and you will be "hiding" from the cops. They will sweep the area and may eventually find you but they can also be right in front of you staring right at the bush and not see you until they actually enter the bush themselves.
#7joemoetoePosted 2/8/2014 12:13:54 PM
hell no stealth doesnt affect wanted levels! I have mine maxed out and it still takes 10 minutes to ditch a level 1 star