Imagine if rockstar did these two things...

#1Ephidel88Posted 2/8/2014 2:41:33 PM
...eliminated insurance costs on destroyed vehicles, and eliminated mechanic cooldown.

That would solve pretty well everything about this game that seriously annoys me. I'm sick and tired of being punished for driving the vehicle I grinded cash for, by being forced to grind even more cash just to be able to keep using it because of the shoddily implemented system employed for determining who blew up my vehicle. It just isn't fun to have to do.

This would also eliminate the headaches caused by players with no money blowing up my vehicle, and tank users who no longer have to pay at all, it seems.

I'm also sick of having my vehicle blown up a couple times by some sticky-bomb-throwing jackass, only to be left without any decent transportation because I have to wait 5 minutes to call my mechanic again.

Wouldn't it be great if both of those changes were to happen? (note that I know that they will never happen)
---
I am the rocks of the eternal shore...crash against me and be broken!
3DS Friend Code 3239-3693-8641
#2agentspoonPosted 2/8/2014 2:45:57 PM
No the simple answer to all this is dont play with randoms.

Its the same as walking into a Brothel praying you dont get asked if you want sex.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#3BSmokin724Posted 2/8/2014 2:57:27 PM
They should remove the cool down for the mechanic and add one to tanks.
---
Gt- ATx420 Sentinel it's a rocket launcher from 007 world
Is not enough n64
#4agentspoonPosted 2/8/2014 3:18:30 PM
BSmokin724 posted...
They should remove the cool down for the mechanic and add one to tanks.

I can agree with that.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#5megapwnPosted 2/8/2014 3:37:31 PM(edited)
Ephidel88 posted...
...eliminated insurance costs on destroyed vehicles

No thanks. It's weird to me that you refer to "sticky bomb-throwing jackasses" and yet want to eliminate the only meaningful thing in the game that MIGHT make people think twice about blowing up every personal vehicle they come across. Bad sport has been nerfed so hard that people don't care about it. Insurance is what stands between anarchy and... whatever we have now. Semi-anarchy, I guess.

The system isn't perfect, but the motivation behind it is sound: to stop players from treating their own and others' vehicles like toilet paper. And as a periodic jackass myself (I use stickies to hunt bounties and to defend myself against anyone trying to drive-by me for no reason - and without remorse might I add), I've paid a lot of insurance for other people. The system works *most* of the time, except against people that have found ways to exploit it and are doing so just to troll you. Your average 100 MPH bomber is not trying to get out of paying for his sins, and thus he usually will end up paying.

Ephidel88 posted...

and eliminated mechanic cooldown.

Meh. I wouldn't mind if it went away... I'm not really sure why this function needs a cooldown, or why Pegasus (which is far more abuseable due to tanks and Buzzards) doesn't have one already.
#6LoneReaper115Posted 2/8/2014 4:06:28 PM
All you have to do after you call MMI, is go to the quick menu and select "request personal vehicle". There is no cooldown on it.
---
GT: LoneReaper115
Official Chaos Composite Bow of the Dark Souls message board
#7KimJongSkillPosted 2/8/2014 4:31:08 PM
LoneReaper115 posted...
All you have to do after you call MMI, is go to the quick menu and select "request personal vehicle". There is no cooldown on it.

How did i not know this.
#8Original_SinPosted 2/8/2014 4:35:56 PM
Oh what's that? You don't have any money to cover the insurance for the car you just destroyed? Well that's okay.. we'll just take your weapons as payment. Next, your cars :)
#9wmc128Posted 2/8/2014 4:36:27 PM
They could add a penalty to Tank greifers such as if you destroy personal vehicles frequently you are then denied access to you all Pegasus vehicles for "x" amount of time.
---
Honor Never Dies
#10FrightwolfPosted 2/8/2014 4:38:20 PM
On a related note, does bad sport still exist?
---
Xbox 360 GT - Church 5SiX1