New to GTA Online, cash question

#1angelogloriosoPosted 2/18/2014 8:20:58 PM
I just started this a couple days ago. I'm lvl 14 I think. Any recommendations on building up cash? I only have about $50K since I've been modding my guns and buying armor and ammo and whatnot. I have no real life friends that play this game, so the only coop I have access to is with randoms. And I apologize ahead of time, I dont really know the GTA lingo, this is my 1st GTA game, but I loved that main game. Now that I beat it I'm trying online.
---
PSN and XBL: babytears247 - NA server
#2Blitz4532Posted 2/18/2014 8:26:25 PM
Once you have a reasonable amount of ammo, don't buy anymore, otherwise you'll just be wasting more and more money.

As for making money, jump into as many jobs as you can. Dethmatches and races pay out even if you lose, so can be invaluable for makin money at low levels. Also, fetching cars on Simeon's list is a godsend at lower levels, you can make almost $10k (depending on the car) without firing a single shot.
---
I am the Stig
It's like a big, upside down squirrel sir!
#3Hitman_67Posted 2/18/2014 8:39:57 PM
If you really are new, feel free to send me a Message/Friend Request. I have a habit of helping low levels and new players. I can get you some high level missions, show you secrets or ways to protect yourself. Things like that.

Of course all I ask is you to act mature.
---
Founder of Phantom Ops (Wargames) Venchel Crime Family (GTAV)
GT: Lord Takahashi - Blops/HC-FFA best player
#4NavexPosted 2/18/2014 8:43:13 PM(edited)
Selling cars to Customs. On average 5k a car so that's good for a quick buck.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
#5angeloglorioso(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 8:48:05 PM
Hitman_67 posted...
If you really are new, feel free to send me a Message/Friend Request. I have a habit of helping low levels and new players. I can get you some high level missions, show you secrets or ways to protect yourself. Things like that.

Will do. And I'm 35 so maturity is not an issue.
---
#6thekosmicfool part 2Posted 2/18/2014 8:49:09 PM
Blitz4532 posted...
Once you have a reasonable amount of ammo, don't buy anymore, otherwise you'll just be wasting more and more money.

If you're really strapped for cash, you can avoid buying ammo most of the time. As long as you have under 2000 rounds of ammo for a gun, you can pick up ammo dropped by enemies. So use what you've got and keep picking up more from dead guys. If you completely run out for your preferred weapon, buy some more, but don't fill up all the way. Keep it well under 2000 rounds and you can save a good chunk of change.
---
No deal, McCutcheon. That moon money is mine!
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#7SapperGranPosted 2/18/2014 8:50:55 PM
Feel free to add my GT, in the sig below, and join Sapper Security. We run high payout missions all the time.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/sapper_security
---
"I'm a Sapper kid, I destroy things."
GT GranSnake
#8thekosmicfool part 2Posted 2/18/2014 8:51:32 PM
Hitman_67 posted...

And this. GoodlyTubalcain is the GT if you want another person to run high level missions with. Preferably free aim, but it's not a complete deal breaker.
---
No deal, McCutcheon. That moon money is mine!
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#9angeloglorioso(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 9:36:00 PM
Thanks everyone
---
#10PerseusOGPosted 2/18/2014 10:16:59 PM
Export a car for Simeon: $8,000 - $12,000

Sell 3 Ballers (Land Rover Sport/Evoque): $27,000

Find a Coveted playlist, play through all 16 rounds: $240,000 - $288,000

Rob a few stores (Necomer Style): $6,000

Hijack an armored truck: $7,000 - $100,000 (Rare Jackpot)

Claim a crate: $1,000 - $10,000
---
XBL Gamertag: HaZe Falcon
My pug chewed my XBOX headset to bits. Ruff day for me...