So what's this "Online Event"?

#1GamingSpudPosted 2/20/2014 8:50:36 AM
Just logged in and started loading it... No idea what it is yet, any deets are welcome.
---
GT: xXDevilSpudXx. Steam username: GamingSpud
(Yeah I play both console AND pc, shove it!).
#2GamingSpud(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 8:56:42 AM
Ok it sends you automatically into hosting a playlist of the 10 Valentines missions (with no customizing options though), if anyone wants to invite me to it GT is in sig.
---
GT: xXDevilSpudXx. Steam username: GamingSpud
(Yeah I play both console AND pc, shove it!).
#3badwinklesPosted 2/20/2014 10:48:58 AM
That's lame. I thought it was maybe going to be a coop super boss takedown or npc attack of the city, like aliens
---
Gt: Romanator661
#4HELZEROPosted 2/20/2014 11:29:15 AM(edited)
badwinkles posted...
That's lame. I thought it was maybe going to be a coop super boss takedown or npc attack of the city, like aliens

Now that sounds sexy
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#5megapwnPosted 2/20/2014 12:08:23 PM(edited)
Oh man, they should do that kind of stuff more. The Christmas snow sort of qualifies, but there should be timed/dated events that just happen in free roam. A city-wide riot. An earthquake. A tornado. A tsunami and widespread flooding. Some massive NPC bank robbery followed by a massive standoff with the military (and you can maybe steal some of the loot if you can manage to get through the middle of the firefight).

Unfortunately, this is just a playlist.
#6SterlingFoxPosted 2/20/2014 12:10:39 PM
megapwn posted...
Oh man, they should do that kind of stuff more. The Christmas snow sort of qualifies, but there should be timed/dated events that just happen in free roam. A city-wide riot. An earthquake. A tornado. A tsunami and widespread flooding. Some massive NPC bank robbery followed by a massive standoff with the military (and you can maybe steal some of the loot if you can manage to get through the middle of the firefight).

Its California. I.E. No tornados or tsunamis. Just earthquakes.

We have been known to have our riots though.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#7nativenginePosted 2/20/2014 12:24:27 PM(edited)
SterlingFox posted...
megapwn posted...

It's not California, it's San Andreas. It just snowed in San Andreas in December, there could easily be tsunamis or tornados. This is a video game after all
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"That little green bastard never said ANYTHING about purple lightning!"
#8megapwnPosted 2/20/2014 12:30:03 PM
nativengine posted...
SterlingFox posted...
megapwn posted...

It's not California, it's San Andreas. It just snowed in San Andreas in December, there could easily be tsunamis or tornados. This is a video game after all

Beat me to it. This isn't California, nor even a mostly-realistic-but-fictionalized depiction of it. It's a satirical take on California and L.A.which is nonetheless completely fake and made as elastic as the developers need it to be to maximize our enjoyment. Along with the snow, it's also the reason there's a lot more rain and fog in San Andreas than in real-life L.A. - because non-stop sun is boring.
#9SterlingFoxPosted 2/21/2014 1:00:06 AM
The main thing I've learned from being on this board is that people outside of the state have no clue how the state actually is...
Contrary to popular belief, it DOES snow in California. It also rains all year round, and is foggy VERY often due to the proximity to the coast. We have a full range of weather, not just sunshine.

Its based off California, and you know that's what I meant. If they're going to take an extreme amount of liberties and deviate heavily from their base, then they may as well have just made a completely fictional city from scratch.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#10LoveddupPosted 2/21/2014 1:10:17 AM
SterlingFox posted...
The main thing I've learned from being on this board is that people outside of the state have no clue how the state actually is...
Contrary to popular belief, it DOES snow in California. It also rains all year round, and is foggy VERY often due to the proximity to the coast. We have a full range of weather, not just sunshine.

Its based off California, and you know that's what I meant. If they're going to take an extreme amount of liberties and deviate heavily from their base, then they may as well have just made a completely fictional city from scratch.

Except it's a fictional state that probably has fictional weather. Sure it's 'based' on Cali but that doesn't mean diddley.
---
Why?