Strategy is dead, long live "CoD Rushing"

#1agentspoonPosted 2/22/2014 1:09:23 PM
I wish people would stop bum rushing objectives and take a more tactical approach.

I enjoy finding a vantage point and picking off the perimeter guards with a sniper rifle while another person uses the confusion to sneak round the back.

Like I played Cleaning the Cathouse today with randoms who "CoD Rushed" the apartments which took a grand total of about three minutes.

I replayed the mission by myself, found a vantage point, scoped out and killed the sentries, snuck up but sadly got seen by a patrolling guard which led to me into a firefight with the remaining Bikers.

Tactically clearing every room then bunkering down to fight the reinforcements that arrived saw the mission last another fifteen minutes.

Much more fun.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#2chaoscontrol325Posted 2/22/2014 1:21:32 PM
Much less productive.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#3agentspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 1:27:09 PM
chaoscontrol325 posted...
Much less productive.

I am productive at work, I game for fun.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#4Original_SinPosted 2/22/2014 1:34:09 PM
Being fast and productive is fun for me.

Stop telling me how to enjoy my games.
#5Mentalpatient87Posted 2/22/2014 1:37:12 PM
agentspoon posted...
chaoscontrol325 posted...
Much less productive.

I am productive at work, I game for fun.

That's the thing, though. Nobody wants to have fun doing a mission. They just want a mission to be over with so they can get to the rewards screen and get back to repeatedly killing each other in free roam. You can give a lab rat the most complex and beautiful maze ever, but he's still going to take the direct route to the cheese.
---
Glory to Arstotzka!
#6HELZEROPosted 2/22/2014 1:38:17 PM
I agree with TC.

But seriously find people that play the same way as you instead of making this topic.
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#7Mentalpatient87Posted 2/22/2014 1:40:54 PM
If you're feeling coerced in any way by this topic I just hope you never find yourself buying a used car. Christ you people have thin skins and short fuses.
---
Glory to Arstotzka!
#8fizzle2222Posted 2/22/2014 1:43:40 PM
why do people always find a way to always blame COD? COD rushing? lol are you serious?
#9ROFLMEOWPosted 2/22/2014 1:46:06 PM
I don't mind rushing if it gets the job done, but it is annoying when the rushers clearly don't know what they're doing. I played "Bust Out" with three randoms (one of whom was idle the entire time) and it took four tries to complete. On the first try, two guys in a car went straight for the bus with no plan for stopping it and ended up destroying it, killing Gustavo. On the second try, I sniped the driver, but the same two guys reached Gustavo first and ran over him. On the third try, they rushed in AGAIN, sticking around long enough to get into a firefight with an army of cops, in which Gustavo was gunned down. Finally, they hung back long enough for me to snipe the driver, kill the guard, and pick up Gustavo myself, after which I completed the mission without a hitch.

"The Los Santos Connection" is another one rushers often screw up. Half the time I play it, half the people on the team get themselves killed at the part with the laptop. I once made the mistake of riding passenger with one of them, who drove us right up to the laptop, in the middle of the small army of enemies, without stopping to pick any of them off first.
---
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"
#10CTLMPosted 2/22/2014 1:48:28 PM
I never rushed in CoD. Not my style. I'm more of a sit back and pick you off type.

I don't like to rush I'm this game either. Gives me bad vibes and failed mission screens
---
PSN:CPortzline