Seriously What's the point in griefing in missions?

#1krosieangel gfPosted 3/28/2014 9:10:01 AM
I did the garage mission with 2 random and because for some reason they decided to drive upto the garage roof slowly I got up the ladder opposite it and sniped everyone before the got up there so one turns around and rockets my car to blow it up then drives off and finishes the mission.

On Titan of a job me and 4 others race to the Titan and as we clear out all the soldiers and move the truck the 6th random flys in with his chopper and blew all of our personal vehicles up and then turned and blew the Titan up. We retry and I manage to get the Titan and notice that same guy wasn't around.
I then hear a plane and look behind me and he had his own Titan and was trying to crash into me. Luckily when I flew sideways at the skyscrapers he crashed and I got us the mission pass.

I know people grief in free mode because they are bored but what's the point in griefing players that are just trying to do missions to earn cash?
---
I am 34 and I am dyslexic so if I don't type well it's not my fault.
#2megapwnPosted 3/28/2014 9:18:04 AM
Griefing has the same point always - to make people mad, because some folks find that amusing in and of itself. They know when they do that stuff that you're getting agitated and that's exactly what they want. Arguably mission-griefing is more effective than free roam - in free roam a lot of people really are just looking to shoot at each other and thus are happy to chase after you even after you've killed them 13 times in a row, but people running missions ALWAYS want to complete the objective and earn the money, and doing stuff to prevent or delay that inevitably makes them mad.
#3Talon5967Posted 3/28/2014 9:18:40 AM
The first one may have been some kind of "You stole all my kills" type of idiocy. But for the most part, I think the reason for griefing in missions is the same as free roam: they're bored, and/or they enjoy pissing other people off.

And then when you get pissed about them screwing up the mission, they say you're taking the game too seriously. That's probably a standard troll response to make it seem like you're the one with the problem when they screw up the mission and waste your time. Because any mission not completed is nothing more than a waste of time.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
#4krosieangel gf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 9:25:18 AM
See I only wear my mic when with friends so I don't react to them at all as I don't see the point of screaming down a mic at someone. However it really does bug me when people go out of the way to ruin missions as it is just a waste of time for people like me that can't get online much
---
I am 34 and I am dyslexic so if I don't type well it's not my fault.
#5ilikeprettygirlPosted 3/28/2014 9:57:05 AM
Talon5967 posted...

And then when you get pissed about them screwing up the mission, they say you're taking the game too seriously.

Either that or they say something to the extent of "quit crying". I don't know why, but that carp gives me serious rage issues. I don't let them know it, but, the stupid you mad or quit crying response in games or on message boards makes me want to curb stomp some stupid mother f***ers. Can't imagine why but my wife says I have anger management issues.

Seriously though, I'm a pretty chill guy usually, but this response sets me off. You're mad at the world that no girl wants to touch your grossly undersized dick so you have to make up for it by repeatedly killing strangers online. Cool, I get it, I'll be your bullet sponge for a few minutes. But when you start talking trash like a little b**** you can go f*** yourself. I find you irritating, but trust me little insecure boy, you will never make me cry or angry or even spend more than five minutes of my life thinking about you. But for your little b**** a**, this is the highlight of your week. Soak it in and enjoy it because it only goes downhill from here for you.

And yes, I understand that it appears it makes me mad or cry, but trust me, it doesn't.
---
Go Badgers!!!
#6megapwnPosted 3/28/2014 10:02:08 AM
ilikeprettygirl posted...

Either that or they say something to the extent of "quit crying". I don't know why, but that carp gives me serious rage issues.

Can't imagine why but my wife says I have anger management issues.

Seriously though, I'm a pretty chill guy usually, but this response sets me off.

But when you start talking trash like a little b**** you can go f*** yourself. I find you irritating, but trust me little insecure boy, you will never make me cry or angry or even spend more than five minutes of my life thinking about you.

And yes, I understand that it appears it makes me mad or cry, but trust me, it doesn't.

I think before you made that post you should have decided whether it actually makes you mad or not. Because you basically said both things about three times apiece.
#7divot1338Posted 3/28/2014 10:04:46 AM
This is what happens when social interaction no longer requires a person to be physically present.

That kind of bull**** used to lead to you immediately getting your *** kicked. And then no girls would ever give you the time of day.

Now they somehow delude themselves in to thinking they're leet.
---
Xbox GT: AGE Sam Sneak
"Like an abandoned school, I have no principles."
#8ilikeprettygirlPosted 3/28/2014 10:14:15 AM
megapwn posted...

I think before you made that post you should have decided whether it actually makes you mad or not. Because you basically said both things about three times apiece.

The part about my wife was a joke. And the very last line was acknowledging that I do come across as caring too much. It angers me when people say "you mad" or "quit crying". But the actual act of griefing rarely bothers me at all.
---
Go Badgers!!!
#9ThaiGoldPosted 3/28/2014 10:17:01 AM
Sometimes I just want to take those a******* and put their mouth's against the curb. Then let the curb stomping begin.
#10uNc0nTr011aB13Posted 3/28/2014 10:18:58 AM
I don't get pissed when people sabotage missions, since they're screwing themselves out of the rewards as well.

Sometimes, they even manage to screw themselves over which is incredibly hilarious since it's not exactly hard to destroy a mission objective. Had some guy miss 10 sticky bomb throws before blowing up his Turismo trying to destroy the truck in Stickup Crew.

The best course of action is to ignore them or take it lightly if you have a mic. Joke around with them a bit, it really discourages them and may even piss them off.
---
Take the idiot test; read line below for instructions.
Take the idiot test; read line above for instructions.