So...who's moving onto next gen or PC?

#21LordPoncho(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 8:45:36 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
I think they just wanted to go out there and blow Watch Dogs away.

I think they did that 9 months ago. This is just the finisher.

Oh, I agree.

Silly Ubi and their excuses for no free roam on last gen. "The game is too next gen for previous consoles to handle it."

That's exactly why GTA V could do it with a bigger world, with more interaction, more to do, and more players, on previous consoles, right?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#22LordPoncho(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 8:46:44 PM
LordPoncho posted...
nativengine posted...
You know I'm getting the PC version.

I knew you and Mentalpatient would be. Was seeing if there's others as well.

We should really play together some time. I think you're one of my like, three Social Club friends, Ponch.

I am indeed. I only play with one of my close RL friends, really. But definitely some time. Either when PC arrives or before.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#23megapwnPosted 6/9/2014 8:52:33 PM(edited)
I just watched that trailer again. At the risk of coming off like a huge fanboy, I'm pretty excited now. I felt almost as much anticipation as back when the original GTA V trailers were coming out, before I'd even played the game - kind of amazing that a trailer can pull that off for something I've already played exhaustively. Partly it's just a well-made trailer (Rockstar's always had those), but also the game just looks so damn *good*.

Of course, enthusiasm over graphics and sheer amount of stuff on screen will wane somewhat. I wonder if (and hope that) they'll add more content for the new version. I would love to see more to do both online and off. More animals, more types of cars, more missions, more everything. Give me some other reasons to play this thing again - and lay out a bunch more money for it - aside from just, "It's prettier now."
#24LordPoncho(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 8:53:24 PM
They did say enhanced and new features.

I feel like this is going to be the "definitive" version of GTA V. The version they wanted to deliver, but due to limitations, obviously couldn't.
---
#25nativenginePosted 6/9/2014 9:24:46 PM
LordPoncho posted...
LordPoncho posted...
nativengine posted...
You know I'm getting the PC version.

I knew you and Mentalpatient would be. Was seeing if there's others as well.

We should really play together some time. I think you're one of my like, three Social Club friends, Ponch.

I am indeed. I only play with one of my close RL friends, really. But definitely some time. Either when PC arrives or before.

I'm down.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
"That little green bastard never said ANYTHING about purple lightning!"
#26LivingInPapayaPosted 6/9/2014 9:25:03 PM
...Rockstar went to E3?

Personally I don't like this whatsoever. I'm not gonna get a current-gen console - at worst, I'm playing a deemed 'inferior' version, and at best it's just gonna split the playerbase.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3NIMxGK.gif
GT - Vanessa Magick
#27DonVito1990Posted 6/9/2014 9:46:52 PM
Xbox One for me. I can't wait.
---
HughNeutron posted...
been washing WWE since 2009.
#28Mentalpatient87Posted 6/9/2014 9:47:25 PM
If R* doesn't I hope modders can add in more animals. When they said "dogs" I was kind of hoping to find more than three of them in the wild, all of the same breed. Why aren't there peds walking little terriers and designer mixes? Or snobby rich girls with some sort of chihuaha-pomeranian in her purse? Where are the squirrels, rabbits, hell, the ant hills like they had in RDR?
---
Glory to Arstotzka!
#29LordPoncho(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2014 9:49:24 PM
LivingInPapaya posted...
...Rockstar went to E3?

Personally I don't like this whatsoever. I'm not gonna get a current-gen console - at worst, I'm playing a deemed 'inferior' version, and at best it's just gonna split the playerbase.

No. They aren't at E3 in any capacity. Sony announced next gen versions.
---
#30debolt1369Posted 6/9/2014 9:56:14 PM
LivingInPapaya posted...
..Personally I don't like this whatsoever. I'm not gonna get a current-gen console...

You and me both. I can't afford a next gen console so my 360 will have to do. Maybe I'll get a PS4 when PS5s and Xbox Twos come out though - they might be affordable enough to justify by then.
---
When you walk with the Aces & Eights...you never ride alone!