Promises kept or promises broken, only one Tuesday left, no Announcements.

#21SomePerson22Posted 6/12/2014 1:24:03 PM
Broken promises. If Crook$tar does manage to release heists it will be very glitch with bugs and probably will say we failed the mission for stealing the cash. >_>
#22Pacman2dxPosted 6/12/2014 1:37:14 PM
Imagine how steamed people would be if they announced that the Heists DLC will be exclusive to current generation consoles this fall. I know this is an unlikely scenario but the board would be a lot more lively .. the threads have slowly died down.
---
Inspired but too tired. | Everything is temporary.
#23LivingInPapayaPosted 6/12/2014 1:39:25 PM
Pacman2dx posted...
Imagine how steamed people would be if they announced that the Heists DLC will be exclusive to current generation consoles this fall. I know this is an unlikely scenario but the board would be a lot more lively .. the threads have slowly died down.

I'm sure the current-gen consoles will have more features and whatnot but the DLC will be syndicated. Hopefully.

Also, just as a minor gripe:
Last-gen: Xbox 360, PS3, whatnot.
Current-gen: Xbox One, PS4, whatnot.
Next-gen: Doesn't exist yet.
---
http://i.imgur.com/3NIMxGK.gif
GT - Vanessa Magick
#24SwcloudPosted 6/12/2014 2:06:06 PM(edited)
TheHunger82 posted...
chriss1 posted...
MrSnoman291 posted...
KilledByAlisa posted...
*Shrugs* We get it when we get it lol.

This.

This needs to be bolded and sticky to the main page.

with that attitude, you would never look forward to things in life, Glad i don't think like you. Next time a person/someone owes you money, make sure you say that to yourself. you will get when you get it, lol

Someone owing you money is very different to being given dlc (which r* are well within their rights to charge for) for free.

If it's free, be patient. It'll come.

Normally, I'd agree with you but online heists were announced before the game even released.
It was one of the features, not even promised, but said to be a part of the game. We HAVE been charged for it when we paid 60$ or whatever price the game goes for these days.
Almost one year later, we still don't have them.

It's not DLC, it's simply that the game is not in the state it was promised at launch.
That's okay, online games are complicated to make and the feature is also quite complicated, but asking for what we paid for is not wrong or a problem.
---
Big announcement to make, I'm quitting gamefaqs forever. I have seriously had enough of you people. - krazyninjaman3
#25LordPonchoPosted 6/12/2014 2:25:23 PM
Do people really believe that they'd layout heists as one of the spring updates just to turn around and say "lol kidding, next gen version only?"

Is anybody that goddamn stupid?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#26rttnPosted 6/12/2014 2:26:26 PM
I like this topic. Makes me feel less alone in my dissapointment with R*.
Heists will suck. Gta has fallen to all the bad sides of gaming. With a release of a unfinished game, micro transactions, tricking customers they are getting "free" content that should've been in the game to begin with. Now reselling us the same game with all the settings turned up

There's also all the ridiculous restrictions. For example, why can't I store all cars in the game, they were capable of shutting off the hose in the fire truck but can't disable the tow truck?

Making us buy insurance to keep a car, but including a lock system that's overused so

Passive mode only useful for tank cowards that get wrecked
Speaking of which, tanks are overpowered, they removed the sniper shot but what did they do to help decent people get away or retaliate?
Gave you more clothes to bloody up and weapons that still don't match the stats of the original guns

Many broken systems such as bad sport (still), JP, mental state, etc...

The worse offense in this game...

BMX CONTROLS STILL A PILE OF EXCREMENT!
---
Kendama. Google it & buy one.
#27AriseArisen00Posted 6/12/2014 2:27:42 PM
I don't seem them releasing the heists till after they fix the UFO spawning and island dancing hack. Who knows how long that is going to take.
---
"The greatest swordsman who ever lived didn't have a sword????"
#28LordPonchoPosted 6/12/2014 2:41:29 PM
rttn posted...
I like this topic. Makes me feel less alone in my dissapointment with R*.
Heists will suck. Gta has fallen to all the bad sides of gaming. With a release of a unfinished game, micro transactions, tricking customers they are getting "free" content that should've been in the game to begin with. Now reselling us the same game with all the settings turned up

There's also all the ridiculous restrictions. For example, why can't I store all cars in the game, they were capable of shutting off the hose in the fire truck but can't disable the tow truck?

Making us buy insurance to keep a car, but including a lock system that's overused so

Passive mode only useful for tank cowards that get wrecked
Speaking of which, tanks are overpowered, they removed the sniper shot but what did they do to help decent people get away or retaliate?
Gave you more clothes to bloody up and weapons that still don't match the stats of the original guns

Many broken systems such as bad sport (still), JP, mental state, etc...

The worse offense in this game...

BMX CONTROLS STILL A PILE OF EXCREMENT!

I love when someone posts as if they know jack about game design.

Also, and this stuck out and I'm not sure why, how is JP broken? It's just a fun stat to measure who is doing the best in a playlist or session. That's it's only purpose. It's basically a score meter for competitive types.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#29Blitz4532Posted 6/12/2014 3:16:30 PM
You know what? Rockstar have a hell of a better track record than Polyphony Digital. Rockstar talk to their players and keep adding in new things for free as an apology for taking too long with heists.

Polyphony Digital still haven't released updates with features that were supposed to be on disc at launch. By way of recompense the latest update for their magnum opus came unannounced, 3 months after their last one and added a statue to one track.

Yeah, I have a lot more faith in Rockstar based on how bad some other developers are.
---
I am the Stig
Want to see some real racing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVrdWhz5JTw
#30rttnPosted 6/12/2014 3:49:03 PM
I don't need to know anything about game design. I'm a consumer who isn't a moron and isn't going to buy the same game twice for more traffic and fancy grass effects.

OK, JP has a purpose, if you can call that one. It just goes to show it was time and resources put into something that is pointless overall. We could've had decent bike controls if it didn't exist, or more time put into these heists everyone seems to desire so badly. Nope, design a score mechanic that doesn't give any benefits and that nobody truly cares about.
---
Kendama. Google it & buy one.