Why are people hating on the length?

#21GigerSupremePosted 3/24/2014 7:48:27 AM
BlazeRunner posted...
There's other missions to do after Ground Zeroes. There are things to unlock. The game is only $30. The advertising has been clear that this is a prologue game. Do some people think this is the next full length mgs game?

because 30 dollars for a demo is ridiculous.
#22Mathew1986Posted 3/24/2014 8:35:11 AM
I'm not hating the length, I can expect that, It's a prequel to the main game, I just wished most of the old mechanics made it into the game. But I cannot say I ain't liking this, I'm enjoying it, I'll always be a MGS fan, even if the mechanics are changed and it turns into a COD style game. It really sucks, things change, just like Resident Evil with Operation Raccoon City, they changed it into a COD style game aswell, It's like they are trying to follow suit, which I think sucks, but either way, I'm gonna enjoy it, it's still fun to play and well worth the price.

And I think one reason people are hating the length is, because they got high expections from the series that they come to love very much, they really did got the hopes up with this, I did too, but I'm still liking it and will support whatever they do, even if they changed a lot of stuff, because simply it's Metal Gear Solid, and it still feels the same, just with many different mechancics and newer features.
---
Currently Playing: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
PSN ID: MattitudeV1986
#23SpideyknightPosted 3/24/2014 9:05:31 AM
Because 2 hours, even for 30 bucks is a rip-off. Should've been 10-15 max.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#24OurLadyPeacePosted 3/24/2014 9:39:21 AM
There is no way anyone can complete the game (including the exclusive mission...including unlocking the exclusive mission without using a guide) in anything like 2 hours. No way.
---
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/6421/angelslosingsleep8wh.jpg
It's the calm before the storm, it's there and then it's....gone
#25Hero3zizPosted 3/24/2014 10:18:27 AM
OurLadyPeace posted...
There is no way anyone can complete the game (including the exclusive mission...including unlocking the exclusive mission without using a guide) in anything like 2 hours. No way.

Most people did that.

Now people, I love this game and I'm not complaining at all. But we really cant kid out selves.

Now imagine that GZ doesn't exist, and that the GZ mission is already in the full MGS5 game. If they wanted to release a demo of MGS5, i'm pretty sure they would release the entire GZ mission as a demo (without the side ops). So this is really a glorified demo, but I love as I'm a huge fan.
---
3DS FC: 2535-3675-7160 PSN ID: Elemenalhero
"I'm no hero, never was , never will be" -Solid Snake
#26OurLadyPeacePosted 3/24/2014 10:28:29 AM(edited)
Hero3ziz posted...
OurLadyPeace posted...

Most people did that.

There's no way most people. Even finding one patch is hard enough. I mean, seriously...how many people would think to roll around constantly for 10 seconds without being told to? How many people would even work out that they even had to collect the patches to unlock the last mission, let alone find them all and complete all the other ops in less than two hours?! Without a guide, there's simply no way!
---
#27Hero3zizPosted 3/24/2014 10:33:51 AM
OurLadyPeace posted...
Hero3ziz posted...
OurLadyPeace posted...

Most people did that.

There's no way most people. Even finding one patch is hard enough. I mean, seriously...how many people would think to roll around constantly for 10 seconds without being told to? How many people would even work out that they even had to collect the patches to unlock the last mission, let alone find them all and complete all the other ops in less than two hours?! Without a guide, there's simply no way!

Okay not most people, but a lot of people did that. And these people already knew how to unlock the last mission, and they used a video guide to get the patches. So it's very much possible to finish everything in the game in 2 hours (except for unlocking skins, which is extra and a lot people don't bother with that).
---
#28OurLadyPeacePosted 3/24/2014 10:37:06 AM
Well, yeah, if you use the video guide! Of course you can do it much quicker if someone pretty much does all the work for you! But that's not what I said. I said if "There is no way anyone can complete the game (including the exclusive mission...including unlocking the exclusive mission without using a guide) in anything like 2 hours"

Any game becomes much easier and much shorter if you use a guide.
---
#29HyperShadow4321Posted 3/24/2014 10:39:19 AM
jparis09 posted...
I have no idea. I personally have S-Rank every mission on both difficulties got all cassettes and currently working to finish all the trials. My playtime is around 8 hrs so far. I've gotten more playtime on this than I have 60 dollar games.

Sounds like you need to play better games if you're getting less than 8 hours of gameplay out of 60$ games.
---
Animal Crossing:NL FC:4871- 4058-8638
#30Hero3zizPosted 3/24/2014 10:43:41 AM
OurLadyPeace posted...
Well, yeah, if you use the video guide! Of course you can do it much quicker if someone pretty much does all the work for you! But that's not what I said. I said if "There is no way anyone can complete the game (including the exclusive mission...including unlocking the exclusive mission without using a guide) in anything like 2 hours"

Any game becomes much easier and much shorter if you use a guide.

My point is, the game itself is very short, including the side ops. If you don't get the patches and play the extra mission, you can beat all the missions in less than 2 hours without a guide
---