New Event Started

#1DRAGON07891230Posted 2/16/2014 2:21:17 PM
No color bonus
Guard Captain Aveline
------------

Quick question: if I only have 22 gems, is it worth spending them on refills trying to get the Epic (I doubt I'll be able to get the legendary)
If it helps, this is my team:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnYt8TA_2pqYdF9Rd3NhUG5RVzlRYWJpN1cyRVd4THc&usp=sharing
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh! (Unofficial Godhead of ESV boards)
#2ElsymirPosted 2/16/2014 5:19:07 PM
I'm not even sure which Epic that is... I assume that last event was more of a rarity than a regular thing. It would have been better for me to use my Gems on this and get a 2nd Legendary than have a Tier II Wynne... I just haven't had a chance to build up my Gems again. Oh well, I was never a huge Aveline fan anyway...
#3DRAGON07891230(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 5:51:40 PM
Elsymir posted...
I'm not even sure which Epic that is... I assume that last event was more of a rarity than a regular thing. It would have been better for me to use my Gems on this and get a 2nd Legendary than have a Tier II Wynne... I just haven't had a chance to build up my Gems again. Oh well, I was never a huge Aveline fan anyway...

I think it's a new character.
---
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh! (Unofficial Godhead of ESV boards)
#4DVaderPosted 2/17/2014 10:40:36 AM
people are either buying the crap out of gems or they are finding the best fights ever.

I checked last night, 12 hours in, all top 250 had 2500 trophies

I just don't have the time or the gems to pursue this right now, and I have other games I would rather spend money on

I am glad to see that they are making epics and legendaries available more consistantly, meaning if you want to spend money, you will get one guaranteed. instead of buying packs for a chance.
---
Darth Maul and Jango Fett both had the high ground, but failed to announce it. ~ RPG freek on why Obi-wan beat both of them.
#5ElsymirPosted 2/17/2014 10:59:17 AM
Yeah, these one day events either require massive amounts of gems and time. Maybe they have found that people spend more money on these types of events than on buying packs, since there is a guarantee?

With the first one, you could actually come out ahead, but they have changed that. You pretty much have to spend Gems now.

I liked it better when they had faction bonuses, since then I could build a party that I don't usually use.
#6DRAGON07891230(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 11:25:13 AM(edited)
I just got the Legendary. I had to hit next probably close to 500 times, but I always found someone nugging (and I was myself, only Pride Demon out). I went from 27 gems to 11, so 20ish spent total (SMS +2 and an achievement for +2 iirc). If I hadn't got so many people who gave 25-30 trophies I probably would have ran out. I'm happy with my 'investment' as I spent the equivalent of a bit over half of a champion pack but got a guaranteed legendary, as opposed to a CP, in which I probably would have gotten another circle enchanter.
---
#7ElsymirPosted 2/17/2014 11:33:15 AM
I agree that it is a much better investment since you get many Rares, 2 Epics and a Legendary out of it for far fewer gems than the Champion Pack. I just need some time to replenish my gems after the Valentine's day event.

Congrats on completing it. What does the Epic do?
#8DRAGON07891230(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 12:29:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9DRAGON07891230(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 1:49:31 PM(edited)
Bizarrly, the Ash Wraith isn't listed in the Gallery.
For those who want specifics:
Ash Wraith I Level 1
Power: 161
Health 488
Quick to hit
Leech-Attacks a single target and damages self

Gains 6 power per level
Gains 20 health per level

Level 50 T1 stats (Extrapolated):
Power 481
Health 1488

Without the gallery I can't give you T4 stats, and I'm reluctant to combine the two I have, but I'd guess around 650-700 damage and 1800 health.
---
#10DVaderPosted 2/18/2014 6:52:50 AM
have to agree, i would probably put a champions pack or two worth of real money toward these events if they had characters I liked

wynne and the guard captain just don't fill many needs for me right now
---
Darth Maul and Jango Fett both had the high ground, but failed to announce it. ~ RPG freek on why Obi-wan beat both of them.