Framerate sinks as low as 18 FPS!!

#21AflockOfHippiesPosted 2/9/2014 1:55:09 PM
Maybe I am in the minority here, and probably am, but I really don't see what the big deal is about frame rates. As long as the game I am playing looks good enough and doesn't have all kinds of issues such as freezing, etc I really don't care or notice if it is running at 30fps or 40fps or whatever. I just try to enjoy the game. Every time I check this board there are like a dozen new topics bemoaning frame rates. What's the big deal? I don't get it.

I suppose now is when all the hate replies start flooding in where everyone starts slamming me for being ignorant about fps and all. I am not ignorant, I just don't care. Either I like a game or I don't. And I like this one. Framerate isn't the defining item that makes me want to play a game or not. just saying. I know no one cares, but I am bored and am writing it anyway. Peace.
---
Skyrim travel tip #8: Stick to the road. Stay off the moors
#22LapanuiPosted 2/12/2014 3:41:26 AM
I find it funny when people say why doesn't the X1 display TR at 60FPS, yet the PS4 only displays at 60 FPS for like 10% of the video...

The X1 is quite steady, dropping to 28 only a handful of times, yet it still close to 30FPS. The 18FPS you couldn't even tell in game at all. It dropped once and went back to 30 within a millisecond... PS4, constantly dropping below 50...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#23fivepnt1Posted 2/12/2014 2:37:44 PM
I'd take more note of the Xbone lowering resolutions and such to maintain framerate.
---
PSN/GT fivepnt1
#24swanlee6969Posted 2/24/2014 11:12:26 AM
After beating the game I never noticed the framerate get that low and the framerate for me was perfectly stable and enjoyable to play.
#25danl0134Posted 3/9/2014 3:44:06 AM
The Xbox version actually looked better to me. I found that the sudden dips in the PS4 version were much more jarring than the overall lower framerate of the Xbox version.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL