easy way to level up my units / suggestions?

#1Jamirus2Posted 1/28/2014 8:13:37 AM
HI guys. Fairly new to this game. Right now my team is:

Lava - Level 15
Alice - Level 29
Warrior Eze - Level 15 (Second form)
High Dancer May - level 10
Emelia - Level 23

Now, I leveled up both Alice and Emelia using Metal Gods, so that's why they are so high.

I'm currently in the beach quest in section 2, but having a bit of a hard time now. What would be a good way to start upgrading my team some more? Aside from referring friends for more metal gods?

Also, are there any better recruits I could be using? I see a few people using Oboros, which I get fairly frequently.
---
3DS Friend Code: *** 1246 - 8894 - 9473 ***
Xbox360 Gamertag: *** Jamirus2 ***
#2Jamirus2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 8:17:11 AM
So, I guess I thought Oboro was the demon dog. Whoops.
---
#3nilla151Posted 1/28/2014 8:24:32 AM
The easiest way is to go into the metal parades on your time slot. Get as many metals as you can and fuse the hell out if it. There's a metal parade this week just check the time grid in the games newsfeed. And welcome to the boards and this wonderful game
---
3DS friend code-3909-7725-4228
#4Jamirus2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 8:30:51 AM
Thank you very much. I really enjoy this game. It's probably the first cell phone game I've gotten that I actually enjoy. The graphics are so pretty, the music's great... It's just all around good!

Thanks, I'll check out the parade times.

So, it looks like I missed mine for yesterday, since it was at 2100 PST, which is like 1 AM EST, right? Perhaps I'll get it tomorrow at 11 PM EST.

Are the dungeons particularly challenging? I know that the Dweller in the Darkness quest 1 took almost all of my items to kill Oboro, and I have not tried The Truncheon Wielding Warrior for fear that it will be too difficult.
---
#5nilla151Posted 1/28/2014 9:08:39 AM
Jamirus2 posted...
Thank you very much. I really enjoy this game. It's probably the first cell phone game I've gotten that I actually enjoy. The graphics are so pretty, the music's great... It's just all around good!

Thanks, I'll check out the parade times.

So, it looks like I missed mine for yesterday, since it was at 2100 PST, which is like 1 AM EST, right? Perhaps I'll get it tomorrow at 11 PM EST.

Are the dungeons particularly challenging? I know that the Dweller in the Darkness quest 1 took almost all of my items to kill Oboro, and I have not tried The Truncheon Wielding Warrior for fear that it will be too difficult.

The problem is you're a new player. You need to get stronger first.
---
3DS friend code-3909-7725-4228
#6darglorPosted 1/28/2014 10:59:49 AM
The metal parades are much easier than Oboro's dungeon. Don't worry about trying the 15 energy one; it's probably the best investment in terms of energy cost in the game and your guys are strong enough to handle it.
#7HyralKurohoshiPosted 1/28/2014 2:36:48 PM
You can eventually farm for these characters:

Volcano Eldent - Phoenix of the Volcano - Zegar
Sacred Mt. Craylia - The Mountain-Dwelling Devil - Zephu
Blood Forest - The World Tree - Lario
Mt. Wistorea - The Raged Beast of Destruction - Advisor Weiss
Secluded Sanctuary - Conqueror of the Heavens - Luna
Cave of Malice - The Death-Beckoning Devil - Mifune

Although the only downside is most of these characters are found in the 3rd Area and appear randomly. On top of that they still might not drop even if you do find one and kill it. (It is possible to earn one of these characters from an Honor Summon though)

Two other characters can be acquired for free! Depends on what OS you use:

iOS: Free Zephu
Android: Free Weiss

In order to get them you need to enter a special code. This can be found on the Brave Frontier Facebook page. Enter the code in the Social>Special section.

Otherwise the only way to obtain special characters is by spending money and using the Rare Summons. Or hopefully getting one of the starters from an Honor Summon (Atro, Vargas, Magress, Selena, Eze, Lance). Or by doing the special Character Vortex dungeons (i.e. Alma, Oboro, etc.) There is a chance to get one of the starters from their too (Only in Lv.2/3 versions)

Gameplay Tips:

Dungeons eventually get quite difficult and you'll be forced to start using mono-teams to beat them. Not necessary, but could ease the burden for some people. The game can be beaten by using only the stock characters obtained. Try to always have a healer for Quest mode (Dark Element does not have a healer btw) and make sure your leader has an elemental damage boost. For example, Alice does +25~50% damage for Dark types. Obviously you'll want to build a dark team around her. Of course if you don't have such a hero, make do with what you have.

For upgrades, most people say its best to max out your forest, river and synthesis stuff first. Then do spheres and then mountains. Mainly aim to max out Forest ASAP. It gives the main ingredients for Cure potions. Eventually it will get to the point where you hardly get any green herbs. So you might have to return to the first Land and farm for them there. Make sure you overkill one enemy at a time when farming for Green Herbs. More overkill hits = more item drops.

Plus they will be releasing a new update soon! With more characters and dungeons. I hope this information helps.

There is always http://appinvasion.com/index.php?forums/Brave-Frontier/ if you need any other answers about the game.