stuck, need advice

#1Peanut_ChewPosted 3/4/2014 8:30:35 AM
i'm lvl 30 and completed Mistral and Morgan and i'm having a tough time getting through Volcano Eldent in St Lamia. I have no gems, and got some bad pulls before. my current team is

lvl 40 burning vargas ***
lvl 40 pixy leore ***
lvl 60 inventor elulu ****
lvl 40 marksman lario ***
lvl 40 titania ***

i need idols to advance but i'm getting wrecked in the lvl 3 tuesday event. is there anywhere to go from here?
#2ShadowElite86Posted 3/4/2014 10:31:45 AM
What are your other units?
Have you crafted any spheres for your units?
What kind of items do you have and take along on quests?
Who is your leader?
---
DS FC: 2366-8203-3193
3DS FC: 2938-6382-9396
#3Peanut_Chew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 10:51:13 AM
ShadowElite86 posted...
What are your other units?
Have you crafted any spheres for your units?
What kind of items do you have and take along on quests?
Who is your leader?

I have a lvl 40 leviathan *** and some generic healers. i got really unlucky with my gem pulls, dupe leviathans and elulu.

spheres i have holy blade and champion axe's on the attackers and dragon seal on my healer.

items i have cures, 7 high cures, 3 divine lights, revive and i've been taking earth ore. Pixy Leore is my leader for +10% atk power to all types.

i just can't seem to get past round 3 or 4 in the tuesday events. i've blown through my items by then and just get wrecked. i have no other units to level up, my roster is full of mimics and metal kings. should i try for Alma in the special event?
#4ShadowElite86Posted 3/4/2014 11:28:13 AM
You're in a tough spot it seems. I don't have much advice to give in this situation except for:

-Find a few friends that have Aem, Shida, Leore, or a good healer as their leader (then you could bring a better unit along instead of Titania).

-I'd probably use both of my Elulus in place of Lario. She hits like a train and may be useful just to get you through this tough spot you're in. Alma is pretty average, I don't think she would do much for your team at the moment.

If worse comes to worse you may just need to try your luck again at a few more summons.
---
DS FC: 2366-8203-3193
3DS FC: 2938-6382-9396
#5beezer08Posted 3/4/2014 12:05:17 PM
You need to remove all earth units from your party and plug in your leviathans and elulus. Leviathan may not have a ton of attack, but he has elemental strength against fire units. Get an elimo, lancia or Phoenix friend to heal and you are good to go.
---
PSN/Steam: beezer08
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18zjy53bb0lccgif/ku-xlarge.gif
#6BakusaiTenketsuPosted 3/4/2014 5:18:15 PM(edited)
(L) Pixy Leore
(S) Leviathan
(S) Elulu
(S) Vargas
(S) Generic Healer like Angel Maria is fine.
(F) Any unit that gives +15% Damage to all, Bonus to BB gauge rates, or can kill single enemies all on it's own.

Items:
10x Cure
7x High Cure
3x Divine Cure
1x Revive
Last Item is preference between Fujin Potion, Ares Flute, or Atk Potion.

Do optional dungeons, like Alma and Stya and try to pick them up to assist you. Go to Facebook and get a Weiss or Zephu depending on your platform. Keep Honor Summoning for Atro, Magress, Lance, Eze, Selena, or another Vargas. Keep Rare Summoning for more Rares even with the bad luck you've been having.

Do Tuesday Dungeon once, using all your healing items if necessary. Use whatever idols drop to further advance your team. The more units you can get evolved, the easier the dungeon will become.

Do not use your Gems to Continue or expand inventory or Unit space unless you have units you are happy with. If you have already wasted a lot of gems doing so, it might be worth following the advice below.

Alternatively, if you really feel like you're in a rut and don't like where you are at, you can reset your game and start over and make a generic Facebook account for it.
---
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3156/couchpotatocat.gif
#7xAzNFoRcExPosted 3/4/2014 5:30:18 PM
It might help to start on Cordelica instead. The dungeons there (at least the beginning ones) are MUCH easier than St. Lamia's dungeons.

Sometimes Idols will spawn as well, so you might be able to evolve your units that way.
---
3DS FC: 0430 8279 3215
AC:NL - Saito from The Void