How To: Setting up a Japanese Brave Frontier

#1Kon2714Posted 3/4/2014 6:37:14 PM
<Intro>

For those of you who have been wondering "What's the big deal with the Japanese Brave Frontier," or "How am I supposed to get a Japanese Brave Frontier," then this How To was made just for you! In this topic, I will be discussing both how to set up a Japanese Brave Frontier on iOS (since this is the iOS board), and why you should get one.

<Why Should you get a JPN Brave Frontier>

The main reason that you should consider getting one is because
a) The game has more to offer than the ENG version
b) The game hasn't been affected by marketing as much as the ENG version

~What can the JPN Version Offer~

1. More than 150 units not available in the American version
2. 6* potential units
3. You are guaranteed to get a 5* potential unit via Rare Summoning
4. New ways to build your team
5. Higher drop rates (due to lack of marketing)
6. You don't need to spend real money to get a winning team
7. You can get FREE 5* potential units that are actually stronger than a starter
8. More challenge (and a bit of strategy)
9. Metal Parade types (such as fire and water) and increased drop rates for the fatties
10. Etc. etc. etc.

~What is Wrong with my ENG Version~

Sadly, since people in America are spending WAY more on this game than the people in Japan, Alim/Gumi has decreased summon/drop rates for units in America so Americans will spend even more hard earned cash. This is called marketing, and will continue the more people spend money on this game. The rates haven't dropped too much, but the people who have played since December have noticed a considerable difference in gameplay.

Drop rate decreases have been noticed in things such as:

1. Special drop characters (Zegar, MIfune, Zephu, etc.)
2. Evolution materials of all sorts
3. Vortex characters (Alma, Zeln, Nemia, etc.)
4. Rare/Honor Summoning
5. Metal Parades
6. Materials

This makes the game so much more difficult to play since it can take one a total of weeks just to get a needed evolution material for that special unit.

<How do I get a Japanese Brave Frontier on iOS>

Since you can only download it from the Japanese iTunes store, you have to make an entirely new iTunes account in Japanese. This is actually a complex process, but is 100% possible for anybody. Simply type/copy-paste this link below into your browser, and follow the steps on that site.

http://nihongoperapera.com/store/itunes-japan-registration-guide-no-cc.html

~Things you Should Know when Setting up your Account~

1. Setting this up must be done on a computer, not on a mobile device
2. Do EXACTLY as step 3 in the link says if you don't want to use a credit card
3. Prepare an Email account that is not already being used with any other iTunes account
4. This will not delete your ENG Brave Frontier application or its data

Once you have set up the account, you may then access it from your mobile device and commence the downloading.

If you have any questions concerning this topic, please post your difficulties/complaints on the board, or contact me via PM or Kik messenger (details in my sig).
---
(3DS) FC 3780-9193-7332 IGN Cal (Kik) Almost_awesome
"Cineris ex quo renascimur"
#2windmasteryPosted 3/4/2014 7:18:44 PM
Nice!
Sticky requested.
---
Tales Currently Playing: Xillia, Graces F, Destiny, Eternia
Done: Abyss, Phantasia PSX, Innocence R, Vesperia XBox, Hearts R
#3SomeDudeIdkPosted 3/4/2014 7:27:22 PM
Awesome, sticky requested! Im probably just frustrated with how unlucky I've been lately but it seems they upped the chances of getting oracles and guardians over the other types. I honor summoned 3 guardian mifunes, oracle vargas, and oracle eze and then I captured 2 oracles and a guardian alma.
However I did rare summon a guardian elimo, so I'm happy about that.
---
Keepin' it classy.
#4jmulford88Posted 3/4/2014 7:45:25 PM
Are there any Android users here who would also like the jpn version? Kon was nice enough to try to help me with this method but I run android and had to search a bit before I could find a way to get this

I'd gladly post that here if it'll help

I assume droid users like me are here because the android board for this is completely and absolutely nothing more than a metal god code spam fest
---
--- It's time to start swimming away from pie
#5The_NeglectedPosted 3/4/2014 7:49:19 PM
jmulford88 posted...
Are there any Android users here who would also like the jpn version? Kon was nice enough to try to help me with this method but I run android and had to search a bit before I could find a way to get this

I assume droid users like me are here because the android board for this is completely and absolutely nothing more than a metal god code spam fest

^ this. Yesh please
---
BraveFrontier ID: 15607803 | IGN: Shoko
LINE User ID: theneglected | KiK: TheNeglected
#6PrincessPlatinaPosted 3/4/2014 8:02:27 PM
Thanks, too bad I have to wait until my computer is back from repairs from the manufacturer before I can make a JP account. :( Which might take until next week.
#7LORD_ALLISTERPosted 3/4/2014 8:07:03 PM
The_Neglected posted...
jmulford88 posted...

^ this. Yesh please

That will be very helpful
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#8BlitzTHedgehogPosted 3/4/2014 8:13:50 PM
jmulford88 posted...

I would greatly appreciate it!
---
FC 4725-8215-0096
#9Kon2714(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 8:17:10 PM
jmulford88 posted...

Might want to post it on the Android board though. The administrators could take that as a violation.

But by any means please do! Android users should be able to get the JPN version too.
---
(3DS) FC 3780-9193-7332 IGN Cal (Kik) Almost_awesome
"Cineris ex quo renascimur"
#10SuperGamer111Posted 3/4/2014 8:29:04 PM
Alright, I've got the Japanese version - as well as the English version - currently on my iPad... It's still downloading data, but I'm curious about one thing. Is it possible to have English text showing on the Japanese version of Brave Frontier, or is it all in Japanese? I'll most likely figure it out as I go along if it's only Japanese, but... Just felt it was fair to ask :P
---
LoL IGN: Electrobolt3 | Pokemon X trainer name: Electrobolt | TSV: 3869
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0467-1838 | Ice Safari - Beartic, Delibird, and Piloswine