Where do party members go when you remove them?

#1the_leetnesslolPosted 7/18/2009 9:09:37 PM
Do they go back to the place you first met them, or do they stay in the area you left them?

I have to replace a party member for Dynaheir, but I just want to know if it's safe to dismiss one of my party members in the middle of the Gnoll Stronghold.
---
Sometimes crazy is the best way to go.
#2JvstmPosted 7/18/2009 9:17:31 PM
Most stay where you leave them. Some leave forever.

---
Currently Playing - Baldur's Gate, Solo Half-Elf Avenger
Trawl - 80 Undead Warrior, Meriph - 80 Human Paladin; Moon Guard
#3the_leetnesslol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2009 9:23:53 PM
I see. Would any of these party members leave forever if I removed them for now?

Imoen, Kivan, Khalid or Jaheria?
---
Sometimes crazy is the best way to go.
#4JvstmPosted 7/19/2009 1:05:28 AM
I think Kivan leaves forever, not sure. I don't use him often in BG1.
Khalid, Jaheira and Imoen all stay where you leave them. I usually drop them off somewhere at the Friendly Arm Inn.
---
Currently Playing - Baldur's Gate, Solo Half-Elf Avenger
Trawl - 80 Undead Warrior, Meriph - 80 Human Paladin; Moon Guard
#5WaffIeElitePosted 7/19/2009 9:33:08 AM
I'm pretty sure Kivan stays where you leave him the first time, then the second kick he leaves for good. I had to work around a few odd quirks like that when I did one game where I had EVERY NPC in a house I took (Right beside Feldepost's inn, the locked abandoned house). After I reached the city of Baldur's Gate, I moved everyone into the Docks area, the house with all the Ogre-Magi.

Some of the kick/recruit tactics I had to use were a pain in the ass. For Dynaheir/Edwin/Minsc, I had to recruit Dynaheir first, then go get Edwin (Since he will join saying something about watching her), then Minsc. I kept Kivan in my party as the only 100% person. Dropped three people for Coran, Yeslick and Faldorn in Cloakwood, and had to keep my reputation as a Paladin around 12 or else I had issues. My group was a disaster half the time, and I refuse to play on anything but insane :P

That was a pretty fun game, and kind of funny to see every NPC split into various rooms in that one mansion,
More topics from this board...
Grandmastery is glorious.BgSoA79/10 2:48PM