Where do party members go when you remove them?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate
  3. Where do party members go when you remove them?
6 years ago#1
Do they go back to the place you first met them, or do they stay in the area you left them?

I have to replace a party member for Dynaheir, but I just want to know if it's safe to dismiss one of my party members in the middle of the Gnoll Stronghold.
---
Sometimes crazy is the best way to go.
6 years ago#2
Most stay where you leave them. Some leave forever.

---
Currently Playing - Baldur's Gate, Solo Half-Elf Avenger
Trawl - 80 Undead Warrior, Meriph - 80 Human Paladin; Moon Guard
6 years ago#3
I see. Would any of these party members leave forever if I removed them for now?

Imoen, Kivan, Khalid or Jaheria?
---
Sometimes crazy is the best way to go.
6 years ago#4
I think Kivan leaves forever, not sure. I don't use him often in BG1.
Khalid, Jaheira and Imoen all stay where you leave them. I usually drop them off somewhere at the Friendly Arm Inn.
---
Currently Playing - Baldur's Gate, Solo Half-Elf Avenger
Trawl - 80 Undead Warrior, Meriph - 80 Human Paladin; Moon Guard
6 years ago#5
I'm pretty sure Kivan stays where you leave him the first time, then the second kick he leaves for good. I had to work around a few odd quirks like that when I did one game where I had EVERY NPC in a house I took (Right beside Feldepost's inn, the locked abandoned house). After I reached the city of Baldur's Gate, I moved everyone into the Docks area, the house with all the Ogre-Magi.

Some of the kick/recruit tactics I had to use were a pain in the ass. For Dynaheir/Edwin/Minsc, I had to recruit Dynaheir first, then go get Edwin (Since he will join saying something about watching her), then Minsc. I kept Kivan in my party as the only 100% person. Dropped three people for Coran, Yeslick and Faldorn in Cloakwood, and had to keep my reputation as a Paladin around 12 or else I had issues. My group was a disaster half the time, and I refuse to play on anything but insane :P

That was a pretty fun game, and kind of funny to see every NPC split into various rooms in that one mansion,
  1. Boards
  2. Baldur's Gate
  3. Where do party members go when you remove them?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived