Game crashes when I save

#1Emmy19Posted 6/17/2011 6:50:56 AM
I am running Baldur's Gate (PAL version) on Windows 7 and have bought the 2009 complete collection version. I installed the game and although the demo movie after installation was a bit fuzzy, I tried the game the first time and it seemed to work pretty well. I saved the game on a file and later exited. When I loaded up the game, it seemed to work okay as well - until I quicksaved and the game crashed. I then saved on my normal file and the game still crashed.

Afterwards, I created a new file, which worked but crashed when I overwrote that as well. Also, every time I leave an area (when it tries to autosave), the game crashes - probably because it's trying to overwrite the autosave file. Did this happen to anybody else? Does this version have any bugs in it and is there any possible way to fix them? Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks! :)
#2sanguine_sabPosted 6/17/2011 11:39:56 AM
I've been having the same problem. I just uninstal and reinstal it and it works fine again.
#3LatronisPosted 6/17/2011 2:39:35 PM
usually crashing on saves is due to conflicts with read only settings or permission conflicts.

Check and make sure the save folder isn't checked as read only
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Hold up your hands and spread out the thumbs. The one that makes the L-shape is left... - batman_pwns
#4sanguine_sabPosted 6/21/2011 2:55:16 AM
I tried that and it seemed to make it happen more often
#5goldenmouthPosted 6/21/2011 3:45:28 AM
try disabling UAC or installing the game into a non-protected directory

check to see if you have the latest patch (4315 for BG1, 5512 if you have ToSC expansion).
#6sanguine_sabPosted 6/24/2011 6:54:18 PM
Thanks for the tips dudes everything's working now.