Devs say no to Joker in Arkham Knight (and no to the Joker baby for that matter)

#11wwinterj25Posted 3/6/2014 5:21:14 PM(edited)
I really hope The Joker is dead as it is claimed. This still doesn't rule out him been in the game(maybe in a flashback or fear sequence) but I'm happy he won't be the main villain. It'll give the others time to shine. The question I ask myself however is who is the main villain? Because I've a feeling it isn't The Scarecrow as the trailers and bits of story we know make it out to be.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#12tonberrymasta(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 5:35:42 PM
DevsBro posted...
tonberrymasta posted...
there are still people theorizing that the Arkham Knight is the Joker's baby.

This is seriously one of the most hilariously dumb things I've ever heard and I've been on the internet a looooooooong time.

Oh c'mon, you don't read comic books? They can do anything they want, and yeah they can age the baby using genetic engineering or whatever they want. Some people even suggested that Arkham Knight was the joker, and the joker DIED in the last game. But that doesn't matter either, they can ressurrect him using nano-machines!

This is part of the point of them reporting this; people are anticipating a joker comeback with the Arkham Knight, and the developers wanted to debunk such talk.
#13Sony_7Posted 3/6/2014 5:38:54 PM
I want Joker back :(

He's soooo important to the Arkham franchise. Probably the second most important character in the series. It just wouldn't be right without The Joker.

Honestly, as much as people dislike Origins, Joker was the best part about it. In City, Hamill completely stole the show and had the best lines/scenes. The series would come full circle for me if Joker was revealed to be the Arkham Knight in disguise.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#14tonberrymasta(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 5:48:07 PM
I think they will deal with the death of the joker on Batman's psyche and that it will factor into the plot, but I think the Black Mask bait and switch was a bit much already. It would have been cool if they didn't already do it in the last game.
#15caboose84Posted 3/6/2014 6:54:16 PM
tonberrymasta posted...
DevsBro posted...
tonberrymasta posted...

This is seriously one of the most hilariously dumb things I've ever heard and I've been on the internet a looooooooong time.
But that doesn't matter either, they can ressurrect him using nano-machines!

Hey, don't you bring Metal Gear Solid into this lol.
---
PSN: PounceBounce84
Karma Keepers
#16tonberrymasta(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 6:56:11 PM
caboose84 posted...
tonberrymasta posted...
DevsBro posted...
tonberrymasta posted...

But that doesn't matter either, they can ressurrect him using nano-machines!

Hey, don't you bring Metal Gear Solid into this lol.

;)
#17DarthLaharlPosted 3/6/2014 8:50:13 PM
All the evil he's done and all the times he's been locked up and no one thought to sterilize this lunatic?
---
PSN: Unretributed
NNID: Unretributed FC- 5327-1035-6336
#18ArkhamEscapeePosted 3/6/2014 8:53:35 PM
Bear in mind that the developers also said Joker had a minor role in Origins, and that turned out to be bogus (yes, I know, different developers, but it's the same publisher and the publisher controls the publicity), so I'll believe it when I see it.
---
PSN Agnol117
http://agnolsfiction.tumblr.com/ <-- My fiction blog
#19MrSinister74Posted 3/6/2014 9:10:18 PM
If your real batman fan or fan of the comics and know anything of batman. Why are we acting like the joker is the only villain batman has?? i'm so god damm tired of joker!! and these casual fans who know nothing but joker...and want him in every damm thing!! Can i see man-bat for once! can i see hush for once!! can i see clock king, The Ventriloquist, the talons! heck i'll even take killer moth! but stop with the joker!!!
---
Say What Again!!
#20cyberwarrior94Posted 3/6/2014 9:23:44 PM
tonberrymasta posted...
It was in the DLC, but a lot of people didn't play the DLC so there are still people theorizing that the Arkham Knight is the Joker's baby. I think that is why they confirmed that this is a no as well.

Well the game takes place a year after Arkham City, so he/she would then be 1 year old. That's be one hell of a 1 year old!

Jokes aside, a lot if not many people got the GOTY version of this game that had it's DLC included. IMO I'm glad Joker is dead, and we get a new original villain to fight. But I do hold a theory that whom the villain may in fact be, but I'll hold off until we get more details.