Pre-Sequel Gear

#1Baruch_SPosted 7/21/2014 12:37:19 PM
So what do we know about new gear and guns?

New Stuff
Cryo Element
O2 Stomp gear (Do we know what this gear is called yet?)
Lasers (3 types: slow-firing railgun, blaster, and beam weapon. Are these always elemental?)
New Scav manufacturer (Is this replacing Bandit?)

Speculation/Questions
Slag has been removed? We haven't seen it in any gameplay videos or mentioned in the skill trees as far as I know. It would make sense for Slag to be removed story-wise.

Manufacturer properties look like they're still the same. Do you think they've rebalanced the weapons? The Escapist video made it look like ARs were just as useless as ever. Any changes you've seen or think might be in the game?

Legendaries. We've seen some old Legendaries in the gameplay videos, but are they actually going to be in the final game?

New grenade mods or shield properties?
---
White FC 0260 9873 0859;
White 2 FC 2022 8464 1690
#2Scene911Posted 7/21/2014 8:50:26 PM
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=370620

Hope that link works, think its from an old thread. After that athena vid I think youtube author smosh games has another vid but no new info. Also gamezerker has interesting bit of info from looking at all little details in the vids we have seen so far
#3Futureops-Posted 7/22/2014 2:41:06 AM
Slag is my fav. I will feel sad a bit if its not in the game, but there are lasers to cheer me up this time.
---
All hail Germany!
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
#4DuckOfDoom79Posted 7/22/2014 7:10:07 AM
Slag will most likely not be in this game as it is a byproduct of eridium refinement. As Jack is still working his way to dominance on Pandora he likely wouldn't have devoted time or teams to slag experimentation yet.
#5GAS180Posted 7/23/2014 10:51:50 AM
I personally am not a fan of the slag element. I think it is ridiculous that u need it to play uvhm.
---
3ds Friend code:- 3539-9529-5635
PS3/PS4/VITA-GAS180
#6Futureops-Posted 7/23/2014 11:53:13 AM
GAS180 posted...
I personally am not a fan of the slag element. I think it is ridiculous that u need it to play uvhm.

Slagga! Slagga! THE MIGHTY SLAGGA!

2 Hit Kills on UVHM!
---
All hail Germany!
#7DuneManPosted 7/23/2014 8:52:28 PM
The O2 item is being called the Oz Kit, and replaces the functionality of the Eridian relics from Borderlands 2. Each manufacturer has their own gimmick: Hyperion grants bonuses in flight, Dahl has different bonuses depending on whether you're in a vacuum or standard atmosphere, etc.

Lasers, from what the developers stated, have the distinction of the weapon's barrel providing the core projectile characteristics. E.g. Hyperion barrels are the railguns, while Maliwan makes the Ghostbusters beams. The manufacturer of the laser's body still provides some bonuses though, such as Tediore reloads(which come with a free Tesla effect).

Scav is the new name for Bandit, yes.

As for AR balance... while I hope for an improvement, it doesn't seem all that likely. The manufacturer gimmicks seem to be largely intact. So it looks like ARs when compared to SMGs are still stuck with: lower crit modifiers, less accuracy, smaller clips, longer reloads, less ammo capacity, etc.

Partial tangent: elemental DoT is on the list of things that needs to be improved as well(mostly it just needs a sick 10x-20x multiplier for the UVHM equivalent). I did notice that the DoT chance skill shown so far wasn't some rinky dink bonus like Gaige's More Pep, here at 5/5 you got +100% DoT chance.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#8Futureops-Posted 7/24/2014 3:07:25 AM
DuneMan posted...

Dune, it's presequel, Scav is the old name.
---
All hail Germany!
#9DuneManPosted 7/24/2014 4:09:14 AM
Futureops- posted...
DuneMan posted...

Dune, it's presequel, Scav is the old name.

Unless you go by reality, whereby the Pre-Sequel was developed after Borderlands 2 and is thus the newer game. :P
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#10VampLordAdamaruPosted 7/24/2014 4:18:06 AM
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey...... Stuff...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!