Is anyone else really not excited about this game?

#1Homie_202Posted 7/24/2014 4:24:02 PM
Let me start off by saying I LOVE the borderlands games. I have bought them both on day one. I even bought the big ultimate loot chest edition for borderlands 2. But I find myself not excited for this in the least. I was really excited about it until I heard about the oxygen meter. I don't really like stuff like that in games as it is. Most of the time when its in a game its in a small area and not a major part of the game. Whenever it Is in a game though I find myself focusing too much on that and not the game itself. That's what I feel like this game is going to turn into is a game where you are too focused on finding the next oxygen spot and not exploring or looking for loot. I feel like it is going to mess too much with what makes borderlands so much fun. Anyone else think it will mess the game up or make it not enjoyable?
#2mysim12345Posted 7/24/2014 4:51:32 PM
The developers always say the Oxygen meter will not be something you always have to search for. And when you do run out of oxygen there is a health penalty.
They have mentioned there is oxygen vents scattered everywhere so it's not hard to find.
---
Xbox Live GT: NinjaWAFFL3 303
3DS Friend Code: 3625-9408-7266
#3Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 6:28:01 PM
I could see them saying that just so people don't really complain about it though. I still think it seems like it will just be an annoyance and not something that really adds anything to the game overall.
#4mysim12345Posted 7/24/2014 8:06:10 PM
Well it is your opinion.

But in all the gameplay videos I haven't seen them once run out of oxygen and even enemies drop little containers of oxygen. So you are never gonna run out unless you do it on purpose. I like the changes and how you use oxygen to revive teammates faster, do extended jumps, and the Oz kits.
---
Xbox Live GT: NinjaWAFFL3 303
3DS Friend Code: 3625-9408-7266
#5NekoZamPosted 7/24/2014 10:17:44 PM
mysim12345 posted...
Well it is your opinion.

But in all the gameplay videos I haven't seen them once run out of oxygen and even enemies drop little containers of oxygen. So you are never gonna run out unless you do it on purpose. I like the changes and how you use oxygen to revive teammates faster, do extended jumps, and the Oz kits.

I was kind of concerned about the oxygen when they first announced it, but this post pretty much sums things up. In the Wilhelm videos from today too they mention that the health penalty is negligible and that the oxygen is there more are a restriction for double jumps and ground pounds. In the gameplay we've seen, enemies seem to drop it left and right, plus the air geysers and little oxygen station things you turn on make it look like unless you stand around doing nothing forever, it will never be a problem. I guess you could also die from having no oxygen during a fight but from the sound of it, the health loss is slow enough where you probably would have gone down from something else anyway.
---
GT, PSN, NNID: NekoZam
#6TheFattestCatPosted 7/24/2014 11:57:52 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/783734-borderlands-the-pre-sequel/69671571

no
---
Xliner probably got modded because he's an Eridian. Now we have proof Gamefaqs is definitely run by Atlas. - 3CDED
#7DuckOfDoom79Posted 7/25/2014 4:01:27 AM
Considering how awesomely irreverent the whole series has been so far and looking at the limited game play footage released it seems foolish, IMO to have reservations based on a single new mechanic prior to giving it a shot.

That's what new instalments are supposed to do. Add to the experience. Things would get stale if there were no changes from one title to the next
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 7/25/2014 7:13:01 AM
as i see it, the benefits of the O2 system seem to be way more interesting than any tiny penalty for running out (i havnt even seen anyone come close to running out yet)

the way i see it, it is more of the game i love with a few new interesting features and all new characters to play as.

i highly doubt they will make the oxygen system so punishing that i will hinder the game being fun. until i see something that supports that, im not going to worry about it
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#9richardthedarkPosted 7/25/2014 1:03:32 PM
im not really going to buy it. i can not stand pre sequel games! just make the first game this and go from there... borderlands 3 will be my next game, and before ppl start saying this is 3... let's get one thing straight, its not! for it to be 3 it MUST continue the story line from where B2 left off.
#10Scene911Posted 7/25/2014 1:09:40 PM
Duh, cause 3 is not in the title. Besides, I'm a huge fan of the franchise. I want as much as borderlands they can shove in my face. Spin off titles, this and tales from. Im only upset legends didnt come out in android form. Heck bring it to the market place as a cheap arcade title.