Not getting this, doesnt have my attention.

#1MaverickneoPosted 7/30/2014 6:55:49 AM
Dont know there is something about this game that just doesnt pull me in.

I love Borderlands 1 and my goodness I LOOOOOOOOVED BL2, but this seems like its not a "complete" game for some reason and on top of everything, releasing it only on last gen consoles has me a little upset.

I dont want to go and buy it and then have them make an announcement a couple months later that they will release it for next gen.

Is this even a full game?
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 7/30/2014 7:20:40 AM
yes. it is a full game. new story, 4 brand new playable characters. new quests, vehicles, weapons, element type, gameplay mechanics, etc...

and whats wrong with it being for last gen? did your 360 turn into a lunp of s*** the moment the XB1 hit the shelves? im thrilled its last gen. means i dont have to drop for 4-5 hundred dollars for a system that doesnt yet have enough to offer to warrant the cost (IMO).

plus it means that they are free to focus solely on content rather than wasting dev time making the game work on the new hardware. they already had a working engine for last gen , so all the dev time went into content.

if you liked BL1, Loved BL2, BL 1.5 appears to be more of the same. whats not to like?
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 9:14:53 AM
Here is the thing...this has been happening a lot lately.

They release a game for last gen, then a couple of months later, re-release it for next gen.

My point is this, I will not buy a last gen game, when I can get the same game with much better graphics for my new system.
#4VampLordAdamaruPosted 7/30/2014 9:20:46 AM
Maverickneo posted...
Here is the thing...this has been happening a lot lately.

They release a game for last gen, then a couple of months later, re-release it for next gen.

My point is this, I will not buy a last gen game, when I can get the same game with much better graphics for my new system.

...You realize there would be almost no difference in graphics, right...? And pretty sure they've already said it won't be released on the X1/PS4, at least not for a while...
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#5Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 9:27:32 AM
No difference? There is a huge difference in a lot of the cross platform games.
#6Argyle_GargoylePosted 7/30/2014 9:35:49 AM
Maverickneo posted...

maybe in games where the graphics are attempting to make things realistic, but this is cell shaded.

but if graphics are the main selling point for you, by all means wait. though i believe vamp is correct about there being no plans to port it to the new systems.

the potential for it to be released later on with potentially slightly better graphics seems like a silly reason to avoid a game in the same universe and style of 2 games you really enjoyed, but to each his own i guess
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#7VampLordAdamaruPosted 7/30/2014 9:44:11 AM
Maverickneo posted...

"The Last of Us: Remastered Edition" would like a word with you... By all accounts there are only minor differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions...

Also, this is using BL2's engine. It won't make more than a minuscule difference, if any, just porting it. They They would need to do a full remaster to make any significant difference, and even then, there's no guarantee that it would do much, TLOU being a prime example, as I've already pointed out...
---
#8Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 11:30:53 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Maverickneo posted...

"The Last of Us: Remastered Edition" would like a word with you... By all accounts there are only minor differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions...

Also, this is using BL2's engine. It won't make more than a minuscule difference, if any, just porting it. They They would need to do a full remaster to make any significant difference, and even then, there's no guarantee that it would do much, TLOU being a prime example, as I've already pointed out...

Right, thats why I said there is a huge difference in "a lot" of the cross platform games, not "All".

In the end, I think Im just going to wait on this one, just in case.

But you have to be naive to think there is a small difference in graphics between last gen and this gen. The immersion is so much more. From textures, to lighting, particles, water effects, 1080p resolution etc. All these things do make a difference.

I'll give Tomb raider and Destiny as examples. The best way I can describe it is Dvd -> Blu ray.
#9VampLordAdamaruPosted 7/30/2014 11:37:48 AM
I'm not saying there isn't a big difference between last-gen and current-gen. I'm aware of the differences between them. But there is a HUGE difference between games that are developed with the two gens in mind during development, and a game that is developed SPECIFICALLY for last-gen, then PORTED to the current-gen.

So no, there really wouldn't be much of a difference in graphics if this were to be PORTED to current-gen.
---
#10Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 11:54:10 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
I'm not saying there isn't a big difference between last-gen and current-gen. I'm aware of the differences between them. But there is a HUGE difference between games that are developed with the two gens in mind during development, and a game that is developed SPECIFICALLY for last-gen, then PORTED to the current-gen.

So no, there really wouldn't be much of a difference in graphics if this were to be PORTED to current-gen.

Of course. I would want an enhanced version not a ported version. Which would take a separate development team to do which I know they did not want to do that.