Not getting this, doesnt have my attention.

#11BlazingxPaddlesPosted 7/31/2014 7:26:27 AMmessage detail
I'd be much more interested in this if Destiny didn't blow me away.
#12Winter-rubyPosted 7/31/2014 7:30:20 PMmessage detail
I would buy this then I played the destiny beta
#13TheIastspartanPosted 7/31/2014 9:06:39 PMmessage detail(edited)
Winter-ruby posted...
I would buy this then I played the destiny beta

I felt the opposite.

Couldn't stand all the bullet sponges Destiny was filled with. At least with Borderlands all I have to do is stay away from UVHM if I want to avoid enemies with tons of health that are boring to fight. Destiny had them everywhere. Bleh. And this is 2014, there's seriously no excuse for the lack of an in-game map.

Bungie let me down big time. Here's hoping they make some tweaks before September.

But yeah, waiting for a current gen port of this seems silly to me. I just don't see a lot being improved.

Not to mention Gearbox wanted it on last-gen consoles so fans of the first two weren't required to buy a new system in order to experience a prequel, and honestly I respect them for it. That's something more devs need to think about if you ask me. BL3 is a different case because we're years away from it and it's most likely going to be massive compared to the previous games.

People wanting it on current gen consoles are in the minority, and you can't really fault Gearbox for realizing that.
#14NihilMadaPosted 8/1/2014 12:50:52 AMmessage detail
Welp I plan to get Destiny, Borderlands 1.5, and many MANY more! MUWAHF fuh fuh fuh
---
Have rock, will travel
GT: REapEr08i80
#15Maverickneo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 6:04:03 AMmessage detail
But you have to understand my concern for purchasing the game then finding out a month later that it WILL be developed for next gen.

In the end Im just going to wait.

Hopefully Borderlands 3 will be out for next gen and it will be AMAZING.
#16xlinerPosted 8/1/2014 8:30:47 AMmessage detail
TheIastspartan posted...
Couldn't stand all the bullet sponges Destiny was filled with.

Where?

And this is 2014, there's seriously no excuse for the lack of an in-game map.

"It's just a beta."
And Dark Souls 2 didn't have a map, so argument invalid :P

Bungie let me down big time.

It's not a game for everyone, but looking at it from a reviewers perspective, it's a damn good looking game to be on the Xbox 360 and it plays just as well, but if you went in expecting Halo with Borderlands loot/mechanics, it's no wonder you were disappointed.

But yeah, waiting for a current gen port of this seems silly to me. I just don't see a lot being improved.

But man, muh shiny graphics :o

People wanting it on current gen consoles are in the minority, and you can't really fault Gearbox for realizing that.

People wanting it on new-gen are the people that bought new-gen before there was an actual library of games.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/xliner http://anilist.co/user/xliner
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED | http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#17NemesisOgreKingPosted 8/1/2014 4:12:48 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18foodeater4Posted 8/4/2014 1:43:03 PMmessage detail
Looking forward to the game. Love BL series and at this point in time I'm not bored of the current ways the games play. I really just want more.

I will also be getting this on PC instead of 360. The last 2 borderlands I got on 360 and had a great time.

Now I have a new gaming rig and been replaying BL2 on it and damn, its crazy how much better it is.

Its nice to play at 60fps, no jaggies, the game is much more colorful overall, the lighting and shadows is a crap ton better high rez textures, and load times are practically nothing. Plus full controller support if your not a keyboard and mouse fan.

After playing on PC I fired up my xbox version for the lulz and its so bad compared. If its all you got and what your used its not going to bother you, but when you see in all its glory its hard to go back.

If the game comes on PS4/One it'll feel like a next gen game even if it wasn't designed to be one.
#19foodeater4Posted 8/4/2014 1:46:42 PMmessage detail
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Maverickneo posted...
No difference? There is a huge difference in a lot of the cross platform games.

"The Last of Us: Remastered Edition" would like a word with you... By all accounts there are only minor differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions...

Also, this is using BL2's engine. It won't make more than a minuscule difference, if any, just porting it. They They would need to do a full remaster to make any significant difference, and even then, there's no guarantee that it would do much, TLOU being a prime example, as I've already pointed out...

PC is basically next gen. If you saw the PC version of BL2 running on high and the console version of BL2, BL2 on console looks like a Ps2 game.
#20DragonlordXaKelPosted 8/13/2014 6:27:32 AMmessage detail
Let's assume for arguments sake that there will eventually be a PS4/XB1 version. If you already own one of them, then it's a question of: Do I wanna play it earlier or potentially better quality? ( I say "potentially better quality" cause it's all speculation at this point and subject to personal opinion ) If you don't already have a PS4/XB1, I don't see this being the game that makes you get one. If it was BL3 then I'm fairly certain that it would be reworked from the ground up, and would be on the next gens. Personally I'm still on the fence about whether it's gonna be worth the $60 that I hear it's pre-ordering for.