Nisha's action skill is literally auto-targetting LOL

#1TyphlaxPosted 7/31/2014 5:26:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWCtYPw1rUs
---
GT: Pyroskank, 3DS FC: 5429-7299-3623
#2DuneManPosted 7/31/2014 6:16:34 PM
Yeah... but the IGN video in particular shows how it can be the ultimate anti-mob skill when you're surrounded by a ton of enemies. Alternatively, I imagine she'd smash the **** out of the Torgue Bar Brawl.

As long as they implement some Yosemite Sam references about being the rootinest, tootinest, shootinest then everything is forgiven. :P
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#3TheIastspartanPosted 7/31/2014 7:00:57 PM
It's completely possible to win entire battles with only Deathtrap or Axton's turret. Even on UVHM. Gunzerking and Buzz Axe Rampage both make you into a near-invincible god and require zero skill to wreak havoc with. I say this as someone who has got all characters to at least 61 in BL2.

I'm honestly amazed that so much people are acting like this is the first action skill that doesn't require any actual skill.

I for one love "deadeye" type abilities in shooters and look forward to Nisha very much. But then again I play BL for the fun, not to test my hardcore 1337 shooter skillz(cause really, if that's why you play BL you're doing it wrong).
#4GujinKamiPosted 7/31/2014 7:05:34 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
I'm honestly amazed that so much people are acting like this is the first action skill that doesn't require any actual skill.

It isn't even that. It's just...an empty skill. Roland, Axton, and Gauge give you a fighting partner, Lilith and Zer0 are just speed boosting ghost skills, Brick and Krieg have melee enhancers (well I actually don't know about Krieg because I haven't followed since his release and heard he was bugged etc etc) and Morde and Maya have "aim at enemy, use skill" moves.

I just see auto-aim being bland compared to the rest of the cast. How about something neat that enhances her pistols that heavily increase fire rate, get rid of reloading temporarily, and increases damage for a set time. Just throwing in auto-aim seems...well...lazy :\
---
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/0WPMniV.gif http://i.imgur.com/XscuHki.gif http://i.imgur.com/Zmba6dn.gif
#5TheIastspartanPosted 7/31/2014 7:43:10 PM
GujinKami posted...
TheIastspartan posted...

It isn't even that. It's just...an empty skill. Roland, Axton, and Gauge give you a fighting partner, Lilith and Zer0 are just speed boosting ghost skills, Brick and Krieg have melee enhancers (well I actually don't know about Krieg because I haven't followed since his release and heard he was bugged etc etc) and Morde and Maya have "aim at enemy, use skill" moves.

I just see auto-aim being bland compared to the rest of the cast. How about something neat that enhances her pistols that heavily increase fire rate, get rid of reloading temporarily, and increases damage for a set time. Just throwing in auto-aim seems...well...lazy :\

Yeah, I can see how people can think that.

My point is merely that it's not the first action skill that requires little to no skill. People on multiple forums are up in arms about how it's such a mindless action skill, but in actuality those aren't new to the series by any means. At least showdown requires you to you to press RT. All Deathtrap and the Sabre turret require is you to hide somewhere safe with a bag of popcorn.
#6reload88Posted 8/1/2014 1:37:24 AM
GujinKami posted...
TheIastspartan posted...

Well it kinda does actually. Damage boost, fire rate and extremely fast reload speed are all apart of her skill. Not sure how I feel about her skill tbh. Looks like an ammo eater though. I've rarely ran out of ammo in bl2, and he empties a full smg stock in little to no time.
---
Eh? Sure,why not?
#7UltimateGeth39Posted 8/1/2014 6:08:28 AM
Just pointing this out but gaige and krieg have builds that make little to no use of their action abilities I could see nisha being the same.
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#8GujinKamiPosted 8/1/2014 9:30:05 AM
reload88 posted...
Well it kinda does actually. Damage boost, fire rate and extremely fast reload speed are all apart of her skill. Not sure how I feel about her skill tbh. Looks like an ammo eater though. I've rarely ran out of ammo in bl2, and he empties a full smg stock in little to no time.

They just look like small buffs to me. I'm sure increasing the duration or upping the damage buffs on it could make it useful, but characters with actual action skills bring so much more to the game in comparison. I just feel like a damage-absorbing shield or bots that both attack your enemies and heal you are more useful than a slight damage buff that lasts 15 seconds.

UltimateGeth39 posted...
Just pointing this out but gaige and krieg have builds that make little to no use of their action abilities I could see nisha being the same.

Right. It can either be a gimmick (Gaige) or really useful (Krieg) It's not to say they NEED an action skill to be strong, but having an action skill that compliments your play rather than just buffs your current play really drops you off the map.
---
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/0WPMniV.gif http://i.imgur.com/XscuHki.gif http://i.imgur.com/Zmba6dn.gif
#9NihilMadaPosted 8/1/2014 11:12:21 AM
They need to show some CL4PPY gameplay! Obviously I'll put in a ludicrous amount of time with each char but, so far I'm stuck between Nisha and CL4PPers, for my starter file. Because I really like her design (I mean come on, a SPACE COWGIRL!?), and CL4P-Bro is friggin CLAPTRAP!

But more on topic...
All that really needs to be asked is: does it look fun? Yes, yes it does. And no it doesn't appear to heal friends, but that seems to be Wilhelm's role. But what is wrong having a room clearing/dps action skill, even though as stated above, the word skill is not used literally. Nisha's action skill will still be as much a boon to a team as any others.
---
Have rock, will travel
GT: REapEr08i80
#10VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/1/2014 11:27:09 AM
Her one skill that makes Explosive Novas go off from any enemy you shoot during her AS makes it nice. It will all depend on how you choose to spec her.

Personally, though, I just want to try out that pistol dual-wielding with a nice gun. (Double DPUH or double Infinities, anyone...?)
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!