25 things ALL users should know & Help forum

#301GunbladeladPosted 5/26/2009 5:04:51 AMmessage detail
The point of the Ditto glitch, is to force the glitched encounter to be the Pokemon you want, by forcing the special Stat of the final encounter before it, to the corresponding value.

When Ditto uses TRANSFORM, it also copies ALL the stats, except HP. This allows you to switch in a Pokemon with the Special Stat you're wanting, then finish the battle however you want.
---
Official FF7SB Topic Killer
#302MerryFairyPosted 6/12/2009 9:43:17 AMmessage detail
I did the Mew Glitch as mentioned on the front page, except that I accidentally fought the Slowpoke trainer before the one at Misty's gym. Now the trainer in the grass won't acknowledge my trainer- the game seems to think that I battled him already. Is there a way around this?
#303GunbladeladPosted 6/13/2009 1:37:05 PMmessage detail
There are a few other trainers that challenge you at long range (The FAQ by TheScythe has more details on those) - any of these can be used to trigger the glitch.

Out of interest, have you collected the 1st Mew & saved? It doesn't matter what order you do it in - I just find it faster to go to Misty's Gym first, as it's right beside the Pokemon centre you Teleport to.
---
#304MerryFairyPosted 6/13/2009 6:26:51 PMmessage detail
I did collect the first Mew and save, but now I've decided to proceed ahead and keep a lookout for more trainers that work like the one in the grass. Since I purposely lost to the Slowpoke Youngster, I can probably use him again for another Mew.
#3057th_Sign_Posted 6/28/2009 3:24:34 PMmessage detail
here are the top 4 posts from this topic
they make it utterly hilarious

Dink402
The Alternative is also getting a lot of steam as one of the most competitive communities for RBYing. GGFans done a great job with the site.

Icecap Veiwin
Yeah Dink, but what you expect? GGFan is the greatest RBYer of all time. Of course he's going to make an awesome community for RBY.

KomodoTheNinja
Thanks guys. To be honest, it does surprise me to see what support The Alternative has gotten over the last couple of months. The Alternative is already rising ahead other communities and I'm confident The Alternative is only bound to get better from here.

Icecap Veiwin
Yay. Yashouzoid got banned.irony!
#306ChronoSquarePosted 7/4/2009 8:14:08 PMmessage detail
How do I tell if I have a dead battery? My Blue cart keeps erasing my saved game... does that mean the battery's dead?
---
"I may be stupid, but I'm no fool!"
~Don Patch
#307GunbladeladPosted 7/5/2009 7:06:59 AMmessage detail
Correct, your save battery is suffeciently dead that it no longer has enough charge to power the save function.

You could get another copy, only to find yourself in the same boat before long, or you could see about replacing the battery, and keeping the cartridge in full-working order for another 10-15 years.
---
#308ZorkenPosted 7/10/2009 5:40:07 AMmessage detail
here are the top 4 posts from this topic
they make it utterly hilarious

Old. -_-
---
Old men make the decision to go to war, but it's us young ones who go out and do all the dying.
#3097th_Sign_Posted 7/28/2009 1:08:34 AMmessage detail
I know it's old but I like to jump in sometimes and laugh at the alts in this topic :D:D:D:D
watching ggfan compliment himself like 30 times is hilarious.
#310ZorkenPosted 7/30/2009 3:19:34 AMmessage detail
So what have you been up to the past 15 or so months, Brony?
---
Old men make the decision to go to war, but it's us young ones who go out and do all the dying.