What's your usual strategy?

#11Amon_IshtarPosted 2/6/2008 12:42:37 PM
Besides, if Mewtwo was that powerful, it'd be flat-out banned everywhere. But guess what? It isn't.

No, but the only time you'll really see him is when two trainers are having what we call an uber war. If not, the only trainers who allow Mewtwo are the ones who have non-uber Pokemon that can and will OHKO it right off the bat (Heracross and Tentacruel, if I'm not mistaken).

But, someone decided they had to break this argument up, and, sadly, I'll have to comply.

(Also, Alakazam may have ridiculously high Special Attack coupled with huge Speed, but he's not infallible, not even in R/B/Y. And besides - there's a Species Clause in effect for a reason.)
---
It's not who you are underneath. It's what you do that defines you.
#12KomodoTheNinjaPosted 2/6/2008 1:36:02 PM
"Besides, if Mewtwo was that powerful, it'd be flat-out banned everywhere. But guess what? It isn't."

Uh, yes it is.

Everywhere notable at least (lol Nintendo tournaments).
---
it sounds like you need to get laid. Broron
So when are you coming over? Zorken
#13zesoupmonsterPosted 2/6/2008 1:44:45 PM
Sorry; I meant in non-RBY (maybe GSC?) competitive. I know it's allowed in Uber play in the newer generations. Amon keeps bringing up newer generations, and I was refuting the "Mewtwo is still the strongest Pokemon ever" thing.

>_> I'll stop talking now.
#14Sir_FishtopherPosted 2/7/2008 1:38:52 PM
Meh, this board can use any sort of intelligent conversation, regardless of what happens to be the sticky rules. If you really want to police the board, get rid of the many obvious spam topics that haunt this place to the very second I type this.
---
Join my cult, the Divine Order of Waffley! We make breakfast a spiritual experience.
#15ultravaiddPosted 2/7/2008 7:39:56 PM
Yeah...this board needs all the intellectual conversation it can get...

Besides, it's practically dead. Does it really matter if we talk about other genres of the series?
---
Call me Ultra.
Join me on my quest to form one Pokemon: Red and Blue board: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=35766462
#16zesoupmonsterPosted 2/8/2008 7:23:09 PM
All right, I guess not. Sorry. >_<
... As long as this discussion is factual? >.>
#17NESWannabePosted 2/9/2008 12:54:48 PM
Psychics were way overpowered in the original Red and Blue. My brother always beat me because he used Mewtwo after I had defeated all of his others. Mewtwo and Alakazam are extremely powerful. I always try to create an extremely powerful team and it always consists of an Alakazam.
---
The only canon pairings in Bleach are Chad X Floor and Rukia X Foreign Object in Stomach. - ScrappyDingo
#18KomodoTheNinjaPosted 2/10/2008 10:33:44 AM
Being allowed in ubers doesn't mean it isn't banned. It's allowed in uber play in RBY too.

And yes, this board is pathetic.
---
it sounds like you need to get laid. Broron
So when are you coming over? Zorken
#19MegaBassFalzarPosted 2/11/2008 11:10:54 AM
Mewtwo? Most powerful Pokemon? HAH. I killed a level 72 Mewtwo with a level 1 Rattata.
---
IGN: Stephen FC: 3909 6351 4716
Mah list of awesome people, in quote.
#20ssj6gogetampPosted 2/11/2008 12:11:34 PM
how about that intelligent conversation.....
---
wow this person is soooo lame.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=264this682guy38is2679noob56