Double-Edge
Surf
Light Screen

Dragonite
Hyper Beam
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunder

I want to use this team on netbattle too, so I need suggestions..
---
Is now the semi-proud owner of a Wii
http://www.stickam.com/profile/68mustangfan
#2Chev427BB(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2008 2:14:11 PM
Oh, my Raichu for Blue is

Thunder
Double-Edge
Flash
Toxic

I modified it for netbattle in the first post
---
#3KomodoTheNinjaPosted 3/28/2008 2:50:00 PM
Ok cool.
---
it sounds like you need to get laid. Broron
So when are you coming over? Zorken
#4Zhou14Posted 3/28/2008 3:33:59 PM
Lapras: I don't know what Lapras is doing with Solarbeam, but it's obsolete before GSC. Get rid of it and put in Confuse Ray. Replace Thunder for Thunderbolt too. You could possibly put in Psychic to get rid of pesky Fightings.

Charizard: Again, Toxic is obsolete in RBY. Put in Swords Dance or a powerful Normal-type move. Get rid of Fly, and put in Swords Dance or a powerful Normal-type move. Otherwise, you're pretty good.

Alakazam: Everything's fine except for Dig. Get rid of it and put in Reflect.

Rhydon: Rhydon doesn't have the Special to do any decent damage. I find it hard to recommend a good moveset for Rhy, but get rid of Fire Blast, Thunder and Surf. Earthquake will take care of Fires, and Thunder and Fire Blast aren't going to give Rhydon a chance against Grasses/Waters.

Raichu: Again, replace Thunder for Thunderbolt. I'm not a Raichu expert on RBY, though.

Dragonite: Thunder should be Thunderbolt. I don't see any other issues.
---
"You Flaming Idiots! Take this!" GameFAQs Moderator
(DW3 Reference)
#5Chev427BB(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2008 4:04:38 PM
Thunder isn't that bad, but I guess if I want a netbattle team I'll want all the accuracy I can get at the cost of some power.
---
#6Chev427BB(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2008 4:13:26 PM
Ok, here's the revised movesets with your suggestions, I ditched Rhydon so if you have a good suggestion for a 6th I'd appreciate it.

Lapras
Confuse Ray
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Surf

Charizard
Double-Edge (placeholder)
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Swords Dance

Alakazam
Recover
Reflect
Thunder Wave
Psychic

Raichu
Thunderbolt
Double-Edge
Surf
Light Screen

Dragonite
Hyper Beam
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
---
#7koala_cool_jPosted 3/30/2008 7:44:07 PM
Snorlax for a 6th.
---
"All I know is, I'm a great sinner, and God's a great savior."-John Newton
#8StSPosted 4/1/2008 2:57:44 AM
Ok, I'll try to help here, but I must admit that I'm more than just a bit rusty.

Lapras
Confuse Ray
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Surf

Lapras needs that Body Slam; its attack stat is good enough to use it, and BSlam provides the parasupport which Lapras otherwise lacks. Coupled with CRay, you've got your parafusion. Intuitively, I would say either get rid of another of those attacks for Rest (Lapras is sturdy enough to use it effectively), or got for CRay, BSlam, TBolt and Blizzard (Boltbeam covers most things, and Blizzard hits harder while still keeping 90 acc. in RBY).

Charizard
Double-Edge (placeholder)
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Swords Dance

Looks good, although DE coupled with SD could chip off huge chunks of your HP. If Charizard gets Body Slam, go with that. You could also go with Fire Blast over Flamethrower, although I don't believe it's going to change all too much.

Alakazam
Recover
Reflect
Thunder Wave
Psychic

Ohshi- it's Reflectzam! What should I say? You could try Seismic Toss over Reflect for that slight chance of surviving a Kazam vs Kazam war.

Raichu
Thunderbolt
Double-Edge
Surf
Light Screen

TBolt and Surf are good. I really can't see the other two attacks having any use whatsoever, though, so definitely get Thunder Wave in there somewhere. For a last move... No idea. DE might work, though I get the feeling that Seismic Toss might get more damage on most pokes (with the obvious exception of Chansey). You could also try filler stuff like Sand Attack or Substitute.

Dragonite
Hyper Beam
Fire Blast
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Oops, the big dragon. I have absolutely no experience with this guy, so take what I'm about to say with a pinch of salt.

First off, get Blizzard over Ice Beam. TBolt is good, but get rid of Fire Blast: Ice covers most things that Fire would. Put Thunder Wave over it, for extra parasupport for the team. I've got no idea how well this Dragonite is going to work; it's definitely not standard. On second thought, Surf over the Ice move could help screw up Rhydons and Golems.

An alternative that I've seen being played is Wraponite, which, with enough luck and skill, has great potential on NB; look it up, perhaps you'll like it.

Overall:

First off, Lapras does not work as a starter. Especially if you're playing on NB, where people are definitely going to try to get in a sleep first: common starters are Exeggutor, Jynx or even Gengar. You could try countering the first two with Charizard, who, if I remember correctly, is on par with them in terms of Speed, and hope for a CH kill. The thing is, for that to work, you would need to start off with a lucky shot.

Or you could go with a sleeper yourself; if you choose this, go with Eggy: your team is not sturdy enough to accommodate Jynx or Gengar.

Basically, your team is packed with Speed and Special Attack, but lacks a Physical Attacker, as well as any sort of staying power. With the addition of Eggy, you are able to stop your typical physical attackers (Tauros, Snorlax, Rock/Grounds) as well as Alakazam, but you can't rely on a single Pokemon to take that may hits, can you?

I would say get rid of either Raichu or Dragonite; get a sturdy physical attacker like Tauros or Snorlax in place. If you choose to drop both (Alakazam, Lapras, Eggy and Charizard are more than enough to take care of Special Attacking), get either Rhydon or Golem in place for the occasional Zapdos as well as adding to your Physical arsenal.
---
Sandal that Stinks
#9StSPosted 4/1/2008 3:03:17 AM
Oh, right, forgot.

Eggy
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Mega Drain/Double-Edge/Psychic/Explosion/Rest
Mega Drain/Double-Edge/Psychic/Explosion/Rest

Standard Eggy: predictable as hell, but a pain in the neck to stop.

Tauros
Body Slam
Earthquake
Blizzard
Hyper Beam

No one, other than Cloyster, takes on Tauros without flinching.

Rhydon
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Body Slam (for parasupport - maybe)
Substitute/whatever you want

You're not gonna use that 4th move anyway.

---
Sandal that Stinks