How do you use flash and cut?

#1the_lone_exilePosted 3/28/2008 1:47:07 PM
After i beat brock and misty it says u can use flash and cut at any time now but how do i use them?
---
I'm the best at what I do.
#2NoseReaperPosted 3/28/2008 1:50:33 PM
You get the HMs for them south of Digletts Cave entrance (Pewter City) theres a building with one of Prof Oak's aides, talk to him and he will give you flash (You need cut to get to here)
For cut, just keep progressing with the story, it's a necessary HM, unlike Flash
---
Currently Playing:Final Fantasy XII / StarCraft: Brood War / WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne / Pokemon Diamond
#3the_lone_exile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2008 1:51:47 PM
So how soon after I beat misty do I get to use cut?
---
#4NoseReaperPosted 3/28/2008 1:57:40 PM
******MINOR SPOILERS******
(Skip this for less detailed info)

After the next gym badge which is in Vermilion City, just go south of Cerulean to get there, once you get there, go to the dock with SS Anne there, board the ship and make your way to the captain, talk to him and he will give you cut.

******SPOILERS END******
Before you get the next badge, which is nearby, just continue with the story and you will get it soon
---
Currently Playing:Final Fantasy XII / StarCraft: Brood War / WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne / Pokemon Diamond
#5the_lone_exile(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2008 2:00:01 PM
interesting, so why does it say you can use cut and flash after you beat them gym leaders when really you can't use either till much later?
---
#6NoseReaperPosted 3/28/2008 3:50:32 PM
It just means that you are able to use them, if you've taught them to your Pokemon at that point. (Say you trade a Pokemon with flash or cut from a friend).
---