Building the perfect team?

#1Teh_WerfPosted 3/30/2008 4:49:49 PM
Hehe, well, in my area, there's an old school pokemon tourney going on soon. I'm looking for the best possible team of pokemon to tackle this thing. Any suggestions for bulletproof teams?

Also, I'm not familiar with the R/B/Y rare candy problem, does using one reduce the stats gained in the level? or is it just like the new ones, with only level 100 counting as important?
---
Lusting after fictional characters is sad, pathetic, and completely understandable. ~GreatPufferfish
#2LickitysplitPosted 3/30/2008 6:18:32 PM
Rare Candy makes you nowhere near as strong as if you raised them "manually" but this can be looked past if you duplicate all of the vitamins(protien,carbos, iron, etc.) and then feed it to the pokemon til they get their max stats. this is gonna take a lot of time and will be annoying, but obviously its a ton quicker then actually raising them to a 100

Anyways....Strongest possible team WITHOUT legendaries....

Dragonite/Gyrados/Charizard/Machamp/Alakazam/Snorlax

With legendaries

Mew/Mewtwo/Zapados/Moltres/Articuno/Snorlax

you can choose a lapras in those instad...theirs a ton of ways to go about it their is no one best team
---
49ers, Yankees, Nets
Jerry Rice had 22 touchdowns...In 12 games
#3PIKA740Posted 3/30/2008 6:43:52 PM
^Phail
---
PIKA740
I'm just a copy cat, aren't I?
#4Teh_Werf(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2008 1:39:29 PM
Um, thanks Pika, I appreciate the response, but do you think you could be... Like, constructive?

Like the other guy who posted?
---
Lusting after fictional characters is sad, pathetic, and completely understandable. ~GreatPufferfish
#5gbchaosmasterPosted 3/31/2008 2:14:59 PM
There's very little that the other guy posted that is correct, though.

Rare Candies may make your pokemon temporarily weaker, but it can always be fixed with battling, which earns you the stat experience required for your stats to grow. Even at level 100, you can use the box trick to get those lost stat points. After you've maxed the stat exp, Rare Candies no longer have any disadvantages.

If you didn't get anything of what I said above, you're better off reading a FAQ on stats.

As for your team, here's a tier list, pick 6 OUs and that's probably as close to a perfect non-uber team you can get:

http://www.smogon.com/rb/pokemon/
---
gbchaosmaster
#6TRAX20Posted 4/2/2008 12:42:14 PM

I think that a best pokemon team in blue it's:

Dragonite/Raichu/Charizard/Lapras/Vileplume/Tauros

or:

Arcanine/Nidoking/Gyarados/Venusaur/Jolteon/Gengar

These are a really pokemon teams......I think that!8)

#7TRAX20Posted 4/2/2008 12:43:10 PM

I think that a best pokemon team in blue it's:

Dragonite/Raichu/Charizard/Lapras/Vileplume/Tauros

or:

Arcanine/Nidoking/Gyarados/Venusaur/Jolteon/Gengar

These are a really pokemon teams......I think that!8)

#8StSPosted 4/3/2008 4:01:24 AM
I think that you should stop posting stuff. I really do think that!
---
Sandal that Stinks
#9Teh_Werf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2008 6:01:17 PM
Thanks GB, pretty helpful. So, basically, what you said was that once you reach the status cap for your pokemon, via battling, rare candies have no disadvantages for their levels? Nice. So, I could rare candy them up, battle, do the box trick, and I'd be fine?
---
#10StSPosted 4/4/2008 5:22:17 AM
So, I could rare candy them up, battle, do the box trick, and I'd be fine?

Yes.
---
Sandal that Stinks