how do these glitches get discovered?

#1xxemoboyxxPosted 4/2/2008 10:16:00 AM
does nintendo release them? cuz like the missingno cheat, i dont think some one coincidentally talked to the old man then surfed the coast line of cinnabar.

anyone know how they're really discovered?
---
A recent study shows that 92% of teens have moved onto rap. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% that stayed with the good music.
#2Teh_WerfPosted 4/2/2008 11:03:30 AM
Actually, lots of glitches are just randomly found by players, but then they're often times reported here if they're interesting, as the MissingNo. glitch is. But, once it's brought to the attention of the general populous, if someone finds it particularly interesting, they might experiment and research it.

Alternately, I can assume that a fair share of game programmers and those who computer software knowhow play these games. And, if you're knowledgeable in those sorts of things, you have a general idea of how computers work, one can take that idea and use it here, for example if you found something interesting here... than you could relate it to another like situation, since the games are only piles of code... Wow, that came out weird. Sounded more clear in my head.

Though, I do think the Mew glitch was circulated by someone with Nintendo affiliations. I'm not sure of the technical side of all this, but the way it works seems to suggest that it is, in fact, something programmed into it.
---
Lusting after fictional characters is sad, pathetic, and completely understandable. ~GreatPufferfish
#3xxemoboyxx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2008 12:01:38 PM
well, i understand what you are saying.

so know i have a better idea of how glitches are found. thanks
---
A recent study shows that 92% of teens have moved onto rap. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% that stayed with the good music.
#4Teh_WerfPosted 4/2/2008 12:49:12 PM
No problem pal.

I'm somewhat of a glitcher myself. Though, another method that's commonly used that I don't yet have the knowhow for is simply cracking the code open in a rom and seeing what you can find...

---
Lusting after fictional characters is sad, pathetic, and completely understandable. ~GreatPufferfish
#5tooweakPosted 4/3/2008 8:58:16 AM
Pretty sure Missingno was even mentioned in Nintendo Power at one time. I don't have my old issues anymore so can't give an issue #.
---
Joka: Oh my. Kids these days don't have manners. Too bad. I'm going to have to punish you now.
#6Pokedexter64Posted 4/3/2008 3:22:20 PM

i've basically destroyed my game, pokemon blue. i've experimented a lot. one weird thing is that if you fight a different youngster with an 'm in the front of your party, and then fly to the place where you encounter mew, you'll encounter a nidoqueen lvl. 7 instead!

#7Teh_WerfPosted 4/3/2008 5:59:39 PM
No, never catch an M'!

Just go use the 'Mew Glitch' but instead of the Slowpoke youngster, fight the younger you encounter immediately before him.
---