Anti-Mewtwo Selection...

#1Teh_WerfPosted 4/2/2008 2:17:46 PM
I'm taking part in a local R/B/Y tournament, and I'm positive at least one person is going to roll in with 6 level 100 Mewtwos. Blah. I need a reliable anti-Mewtwo combatant, helpzorz?
---
Lusting after fictional characters is sad, pathetic, and completely understandable. ~GreatPufferfish
#2RPGBrandonPosted 4/2/2008 8:03:50 PM
6 Electrodes with Spore + offensive moves
---
"Everytime I see my name in a topic, I'm like, 'OMG!'. Then I see it's Brandon who posted, and realize that it's actually written in his sig." - StS
#3Zhou14Posted 4/3/2008 1:30:27 AM
Could work, except there's that little problem that Electrode doesn't learn Spore.
---
"You Flaming Idiots! Take this!" GameFAQs Moderator
(DW3 Reference)
#4RPGBrandonPosted 4/3/2008 3:26:30 AM
Shhh, you're ruining it. :(
---
"Everytime I see my name in a topic, I'm like, 'OMG!'. Then I see it's Brandon who posted, and realize that it's actually written in his sig." - StS
#5School13usPosted 4/3/2008 5:36:43 AM
6 Machamps, he has 4 arms so he can SMACK mewtwo right in the face.
---
I bring nothing to the table.
#6School13usPosted 4/3/2008 5:39:41 AM
More serious post: Jolteon. Use pin missile.

---
#7StSPosted 4/3/2008 10:41:06 AM
Jolt doesn't stand a chance against Mewtwo. Actually, not much stands a chance against Amnesia-Mewtwo; Parasect can hold its own, IIRC, and GBL has had a Beedrill get lucky (don't count on it, though), but otherwise... The best you could do is get it to sleep, but Sleep-moves are generally luck-based.

Physical Mew set, perhaps?
---
Sandal that Stinks
#8School13usPosted 4/3/2008 2:30:10 PM
Why not? Jolteon is as fast as Mewtwo or higher, Pin Missile is a good attack, and it's a bug type attack
---
#9zesoupmonsterPosted 4/3/2008 3:37:53 PM
I don't think there's a reliable counter, but the only ones not mentioned that might work is Tobybro ... or another Mewtwo. Smogon has a little blurb about "counters" for it: http://www.smogon.com/rb/pokemon/mewtwo

Seriously though, Mewtwo is so overpowered in RBY, shouldn't this tourney have banned it?
#10gbchaosmasterPosted 4/3/2008 3:55:52 PM
Jolteon is as fast as Mewtwo or higher, Pin Missile is a good attack, and it's a bug type attack

You forgot to mention that Jolteon has piss-poor Attack, thus Mewtwo will shrug off its pin wave with ease and proceed to deal pain on Jolteon.

Seriously though, Mewtwo is so overpowered in RBY, shouldn't this tourney have banned it?

That's ignorance to you.
---
gbchaosmaster