Mew Problems... Gah!

#1Teh_WerfPosted 4/3/2008 5:59:01 PM
Gah! I can't get the mew glitch to work... Here are my steps exactly.

1. Vermillion, go east, there's a Jr. Trainer that appears to challenge from off the screen when you step into his sight.

2. I pause before he sees me and use an Abra to teleport to Cer. City.

3. From there I go into Misty's gym and defeat the Swimmer in the water.

4. I approach nugget bridge, giddy with excitement!

5. And... nothing happens...
---
Lusting after fictional characters is sad, pathetic, and completely understandable. ~GreatPufferfish
#2RossmacdaddyPosted 4/3/2008 7:49:01 PM
You have to go back to wherever the long range trainer was originally. In other words, seek out your trainer in step one. Nugget bridge only works if you use the trainer to the left of Nugget bridge. Also, don't save during the process, or you'll only get one shot at it.
---
Will somebody please give George Bush a blow job so we can impeach him?
#3LickitysplitPosted 4/3/2008 8:22:10 PM
I see two problems

One. You have to go to the pokemon center before you do anything REGARDLESS if your pokemon are fully healed or not.

Two. You are NOT supposto fight the swimmer, you are supposto fight the guy with a slowpoke after the nugget bridge...Theirs Theirs like a spot you go to with the trees(kind of mazelike) and then theirs the next area that looks like this

TRAINER(slowpoke)

I know its a horrible diagram, but theirs like a bunch of trees between the two trainers...You have to fight the one with the slowpoke on top...id suggest beating all the trainers prior to him before trying the glitch

and lastly, you must TELEPORT after defeating the guy with the slowpoke and then walk up nugget bridge

im not sure if it works with any other trainer besides the one with the slowpoke, but either way id assume you must teleport
---
49ers, Yankees, Nets
Jerry Rice had 22 touchdowns...In 12 games
#4Teh_Werf(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2008 9:10:59 PM
Ah! Thanks Ross! I'm pretty sure that's my issue! Let me try it out now!

Thanks dude!
---
Lusting after fictional characters is sad, pathetic, and completely understandable. ~GreatPufferfish
#5RossmacdaddyPosted 4/5/2008 5:59:38 AM
I see two problems

One. You have to go to the pokemon center before you do anything REGARDLESS if your pokemon are fully healed or not.

Wrong. This is not part of the trick. At all.

Two. You are NOT supposto fight the swimmer, you are supposto fight the guy with a slowpoke after the nugget bridge...Theirs Theirs like a spot you go to with the trees(kind of mazelike) and then theirs the next area that looks like this

TRAINER(slowpoke)

I know its a horrible diagram, but theirs like a bunch of trees between the two trainers...You have to fight the one with the slowpoke on top...id suggest beating all the trainers prior to him before trying the glitch

Wrong. The swimmer in Cerulean Gym will also generate a Mew in the same fashion as the Slowpoke trainer.

and lastly, you must TELEPORT after defeating the guy with the slowpoke and then walk up nugget bridge

im not sure if it works with any other trainer besides the one with the slowpoke, but either way id assume you must teleport

Wrong. It doesn't have to be Teleport. It can be Fly, Dig, Escape Rope, or anything else that will whisk you away from the long range trainer.
---
Will somebody please give George Bush a blow job so we can impeach him?
#6RyutousenPosted 4/6/2008 4:43:03 PM

Hmmm...that's not true. I walked back to the bridge from him and it worked.
---
Vote for your favorite Square-Enix characters!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs9/gentopic.php?board=221