if you cancel an evolution...

#217th_Sign_Posted 4/14/2008 7:22:08 AM
"And message boards exist so people can post. There is no requirement for people to offer advice in every thread, and I chose not to here."

Nice try. They have seperate boards for social posting. They also delete topics that aren't related to the GAME, it's called off topic posting. Of course they don't force you to offer advice, just don't be a **** is all I'm saying.
#227th_Sign_Posted 4/14/2008 7:36:06 AM
"Then why are you wasting time posting when you could check a FAQ or could have already found out for yourself?"

That's not the point nor is it your decision to make. Let somebody else answer the question and you can keep your valuable pokemon knowledge to yourself. A better question is why did you waste your time jerking him around when you could have just simply answered his question?

"God forbid somebody doesn't want to."
Then don't help him! See the beauty of not helping people is that you can actually shut up while you do it. It's like you decide not to help but you have to take it one step further by making a mockery of the TC. Trolling runs in your blood.

"And you could have found this out on your own."
Or he could just ask and get an answer. Like he did. You could have just ignored the topic. See how that works? Try not posting, that sounds like a good idea.
#23KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/14/2008 8:43:56 AM
"I did help him (and if you want I can link you to various other posts where I answer questions). So uh, pay attention next time? BTW my flaws aren't on trial here, what I do has nothing to do with what you guys do. Try defending your own actions instead of that bs GGfan approach XD"

I give people advice too, but I don't need to point it out, because it's not like it means anything to tell somebody how to catch Tauros in the Safari Zone. I help when I want and don't need to if I don't want to. And I don't know what this "approach" of mine, but surely it can't be any worse than somebody who brags about helping randoms and acts like he's a knowledgeable poster.

"You must not get what I mean. It would be incredibly boring if these boards were all questions and no social and I get that, but when there are questions they should be answered or ignored. Gamefaqs was designed so players can help each other, that's why there are faqs and message boards. Everytime there's gameplay discussion you guys direct them towards the faqs, but THIS is the place for it. If you don't want to answer the question I understand that, but don't act as if the kid is out of line for asking a pokemon question on a pokemon message board. Gamefaqs gives you many options when it comes to finding out what you need to know. Why don't you just ignore the topic instead of trying to dictate how the kid receives his information? The boards and FAQs have their own (dis)advantages, you can choose either one for help. It's not up to you guys to tell him how he finds the answer, he didn't disrupt anything."

Questions don't have to be answered, I don't HAVE to do anything here, I can post what I wish as long as it doesn't violate the TOS. Seriously, this topic was on par with "if i use a rare candy will i lose the item forever PLZ help!!!". There's legit questions, and then it gets to point where I don't feel like catering to other people's laziness. And the purpose of GameFAQs was for gaming fans to talk to each other, it wasn't meant for the sole purpose of offering help in repetitive topics.

Why should I have to ignore the topic if I don't want to? I have every right to post, YOU have no right telling me to ignore anything. The only one who anyone should consider to ignore is you anyway.
---
President of D/P board foreign affairs
International Icon
#24KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/14/2008 8:50:22 AM
"Nice try. They have seperate boards for social posting. They also delete topics that aren't related to the GAME, it's called off topic posting. Of course they don't force you to offer advice, just don't be a **** is all I'm saying."

On topic pertains to other things besides for making silly "i cant catch zadpo plz help" topics. I can make ingame topics that request no answer, such as mechanics, certain playthroughs, and so forth. It's not a requirement to answer everyone's questions, so I guess you can take your own advice.

"Then why are you wasting time posting when you could check a FAQ or could have already found out for yourself?"

"That's not the point nor is it your decision to make. Let somebody else answer the question and you can keep your valuable pokemon knowledge to yourself. A better question is why did you waste your time jerking him around when you could have just simply answered his question?"

The reason I said it was because this would have taken him hardly anytime to have found out. Nobody needs to answer a question this bad, and I don't care if somebody else chose to. The question here isn't why I chose to post what I did, but why you're so obsessed with who said it in particular.

"God forbid somebody doesn't want to."

"Then don't help him! See the beauty of not helping people is that you can actually shut up while you do it. It's like you decide not to help but you have to take it one step further by making a mockery of the TC. Trolling runs in your blood."

He didn't help him. And what do you mean "trolling runs in his blood"? That wasn't trolling, trolls tend to get put into purgatory every three months.

"Or he could just ask and get an answer. Like he did. You could have just ignored the topic. See how that works? Try not posting, that sounds like a good idea."

He can also get other justified responses, like the one I gave. Deal with it. I don't have to ignore the topic if I don't want to.
---
International Icon
#257th_Sign_Posted 4/14/2008 12:08:03 PM
"I did help him (and if you want I can link you to various other posts where I answer questions). So uh, pay attention next time?..."

I give people advice too, but I don't need to point it out, because it's not like it means anything to tell somebody how to catch Tauros in the Safari Zone. I help when I want...

That's not even the point. He claimed I never give advice and I did in this very topic. That wall of text was for nothing.

Questions don't have to be answered, I don't HAVE to do anything here, I can post what I wish as long as it doesn't violate the TOS.
I never said you did. Did you even read what I said? C/P
"If you don't want to answer the question I understand that, but don't act as if the kid is out of line for asking a pokemon question on a pokemon message board. Gamefaqs gives you many options when it comes to finding out what you need to know. Why don't you just ignore the topic instead of trying to dictate how the kid receives his information? The boards and FAQs have their own (dis)advantages, you can choose either one for help. It's not up to you guys to tell him how he finds the answer, he didn't disrupt anything."

"Why should I have to ignore the topic if I don't want to?..."
Obviously you prefer bringing unnecessary negativity to the topic. Either way the kid did nothing wrong so don't act like he did. He asked a pokemon question on a pokemon message board.

On topic pertains to other things besides for making silly ...It's not a requirement to answer everyone's questions, so I guess you can take your own advice.
Once again you refuse to acknowledge my points, typical GGfan. I never stated it was a requirement. Matter of fact C/P time again.
" If you don't want to answer the question I understand that, but don't act as if the kid is out of line for asking a pokemon question on a pokemon message board... It's not up to you guys to tell him how he finds the answer, he didn't disrupt anything."

The reason I said it was because this would have taken him hardly anytime to have found out.
He still found out and very quickly I might add. BTW I picked a random FAQ and it didn't have the answer to the question in there.
Nobody needs to answer a question this bad, and I don't care if somebody else chose to. The question here isn't why I chose to post what I did, but why you're so obsessed with who said it in particular.
No you're just in the wrong here and you know it. BTW Rossmac's post triggered my response, not you.

He can also get other justified responses, like the one I gave. Deal with it. I don't have to ignore the topic if I don't want to.
"Obviously you prefer bringing unnecessary negativity to the topic. Either way the kid did nothing wrong so don't act like he did. He asked a pokemon question on a pokemon message board."
#267th_Sign_Posted 4/14/2008 12:14:22 PM
BTW congrats on being a knowledgeable pokemon poster. Let me know when you learn something worth knowing.
#27KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/14/2008 5:23:22 PM
"That's not even the point. He claimed I never give advice and I did in this very topic. That wall of text was for nothing."

I didn't post a wall of text unless you have the attention span of a two year old. And also, it's kind of funny that you tell him to pay attention when you obviously misunderstood his post. He didn't say you never gave your cute little advice, read better please.

"I never said you did. Did you even read what I said? C/P"

I read what you said, that I have to ignore posts if I don't want to answer them, which is false. Seems like you wanted to c/p your post because you couldn't respond to that sentence. I guess it's understandable since it can't be disputed.

"If you don't want to answer the question I understand that, but don't act as if the kid is out of line for asking a pokemon question on a pokemon message board. Gamefaqs gives you many options when it comes to finding out what you need to know. Why don't you just ignore the topic instead of trying to dictate how the kid receives his information? The boards and FAQs have their own (dis)advantages, you can choose either one for help. It's not up to you guys to tell him how he finds the answer, he didn't disrupt anything."

"Why should I have to ignore the topic if I don't want to?..."

"Obviously you prefer bringing unnecessary negativity to the topic. Either way the kid did nothing wrong so don't act like he did. He asked a pokemon question on a pokemon message board."

It could be worse, I could completely crap on his topic like you did. Nothing would have happened if you didn't let your obsession of trying to look good against me get into play but noooooo. I never said he did anything wrong either, learn to read. And stop calling him a kid, even if he does sound like a UUA somebody like you shouldn't be calling him that. My post was justified, I don't have to answer stupid questions if I don't want to.
---
International Icon
#28KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/14/2008 5:23:36 PM
"Once again you refuse to acknowledge my points, typical GGfan. I never stated it was a requirement. Matter of fact C/P time again."

You really need to elaborate instead of saying things like 'typical ggfan". Anyways, I can just say that's it's typical Broron that you avoid my posts and accomplish nothing on your side.

" If you don't want to answer the question I understand that, but don't act as if the kid is out of line for asking a pokemon question on a pokemon message board... It's not up to you guys to tell him how he finds the answer, he didn't disrupt anything."

This was a pointless c/p, I can post whatever kind of response I want if it doesn't violate the TOS. Nobody is in line to tell me otherwise, but why am I posting when can I just c/p too?

"He still found out and very quickly I might add. BTW I picked a random FAQ and it didn't have the answer to the question in there."

I'm sure I could find it somewhere, and just because you said you couldn't find it doesn't mean I have to believe you. This is something that could have been discovered on his own in an incredibly short amount of time.

Nobody needs to answer a question this bad, and I don't care if somebody else chose to. The question here isn't why I chose to post what I did, but why you're so obsessed with who said it in particular.
"No you're just in the wrong here and you know it. BTW Rossmac's post triggered my response, not you."

Ok, I'm just going to C/P this remark from now on until you stop your gimmicky nonsense as usual.

As long I don't violate the TOS I can post what I want. Answering questions is not a requirement. You are wrong for disputing that.

Also, you contradicted yourself considering you mentioned me in your first pointless response.

As long I don't violate the TOS I can post what I want. Answering questions is not a requirement. You are wrong for disputing that.

"BTW congrats on being a knowledgeable pokemon poster. Let me know when you learn something worth knowing."

Well I learned to use something called common sense, let me know when you've finally learned how to do that.
---
International Icon
#29ZorkenPosted 4/14/2008 6:37:35 PM
Wow, how long have you two been friends? 8 years now? =P
---
Old men make the decision to go to war, but it's us young ones who go out and do all the dying.
#30KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/14/2008 6:48:32 PM
Longer than you and your HiddenStash alt. :)
---
International Icon