need help making a 3-pokemon team

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. need help making a 3-pokemon team

User Info: cow1357

cow1357
8 years ago#1
What pokemon should I use? All pokemon are allowed except mew (mewtwo IS allowed). Evasion boosing is not allowed.

I was thinking something along the lines of:

Mewtwo: psychic / blizzard / amnesia / recover
lapras: blizzard / thunderbolt / body slam / confuse ray
tauros: body slam / hyper beam / earthquake / blizzard

But this is missing a tank and there are no status-altering moves aside from blizzard and body slam. Should i use a snorlax instead of a tauros or give my lapras rest? And what can i use for status stuff?

Since i'm doing this on gameboy, i don't really wanna catch a perfect defense DV chansey with great DVs in other stats and max out its EVs, and i know that defense is so important for a chansey. I'm expecting my opponents to use mewtwos, articunos, zapdoses, etc. so I'm hesitant about using an exeggutor.

Please help me on my team (pokemon, movesets, everything). Any non-sarcastic suggestions are appreciated.
hi

User Info: iamwhoiamorami

iamwhoiamorami
8 years ago#2
Having Blizzard on all members of the team is not necessarily a good idea if you are fighting diverse opponents.

cow1357
8 years ago#3
thanks, i'll give mewtwo thunderbolt i guess.
hi

User Info: KomodoTheNinja

KomodoTheNinja
8 years ago#4
Mewtwo should have Blizzard so that Exeggutor can't use Explosion, and it really doesn't matter. Stadium is incredibly random.
President of D/P board foreign affairs
International Icon

cow1357
8 years ago#5
i'm not playing computers on stadium, i'm playing with friends on game boy. And i'm gonna replace either tauros or lapras, which should I keep/replace?
hi

User Info: KomodoTheNinja

KomodoTheNinja
8 years ago#6
I don't know if your friends suck or not.
President of D/P board foreign affairs
International Icon

cow1357
8 years ago#7
they're super nerds that have like all the pokemon in diamond and pearl, so lets assume they're decent. Even if they're not, it wouldn't hurt to have a good team.
hi

cow1357
8 years ago#8
i've decided to use mewtwo, tobybro, and tauros.
hi

User Info: cratermax

cratermax
8 years ago#9
doesnt tauros have really bad special, cause blizzard'd be a baaaad idea
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. need help making a 3-pokemon team

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived