A Few Questions

#1blindseymorPosted 4/13/2008 3:28:18 AM
So I found my long lost PB cartridge and have decided to play it again and seen as a few of my friends still play this I have a few questions on STATS seeing as the only Walkthrough was in italian.

Ok so I have read a few things on EV Training but am unsure of how it actually works. If, for example, I want to raise a Pokes Defense should I only fight something like geodudes?

I have read something on a box trick that gives you the same effect when Pokes are already lvl100. If I give a poke R.Candies and do the box trick will I get the same effect as a Poke that was manually EV Trained?

When do I know that a Poke has reached a specific STAT limit?

When would be the best time to start doing this?

Thanks to all that posted hepfully.
---
PSN: blindseymor
Current Setup: ACOG M4, Bandolier, Stopping Power, Steady Aim
#2KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/13/2008 4:43:04 AM
There are no EVs in this game.
---
President of D/P board foreign affairs
International Icon
#3blindseymor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2008 5:00:23 AM
Does this mean that I can simply R.Candy my Pokes up and get the same effect than a manually trained one?

If not will preforming the box trick give me the same effect? Thanks.
---
#4KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/13/2008 5:29:02 AM
Yes, you can Rare Candy Pokemon up to 100 then box trick them.
---
International Icon
#5blindseymor(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2008 9:44:27 AM
Thanks, that will save me alot of time!
---
#6pokedude7Posted 4/14/2008 5:21:50 AM
The EV's in the first two gens of pokemon are called STAT EXP. In order to get the pokemon's stats a high as possible for that individual pokemon, you will need to fight a lot; even if you rare candy it up to 100. The Box Trick allows you to increase the stats even at level 100, it does so by using the Stat EXP your pokemon has and comparing it to the Stat EXP Max and then recalculating the stats (via Level up or Box Trick).

If you Rare Candy the pokemon up and then use the Box Trick, the Stats WON'T change: NO STAT EXP.
#7KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/14/2008 9:34:42 AM
I'm pretty sure you can Rare Candy Pokemon up to level 100 then box trick them.
---
International Icon
#8StSPosted 4/15/2008 8:37:45 AM
Well, obviously, you would level them up via RCs to Level 100, then battle other Pokemon to earn StatExp, and then box trick them.
---
Sandal that Stinks
#9KomodoTheNinjaPosted 4/15/2008 3:07:12 PM
Obviously.
---
International Icon
#10asakura m2S1999Posted 4/16/2008 10:33:32 PM
before any training you can use the vitamins to give an extra boost to all your stats, it what, about 10 for each one?
---
FC: 3737 6184 9979 Could you please restate your post in a way that isn't stupid, dumb, or idiotic? -screwydude