mew glitch

#1JCaeserPosted 4/17/2008 7:58:55 PM
i carefully went over the instructions many times, did the glitch like 5 times and that happened was i got the pokemon from "mew glitch faq" (e.g. growlithe from gambler on route 10 er 11 can't remember) i never get mew though. help me
#2RossmacdaddyPosted 4/18/2008 2:37:21 AM
Post your exact steps.
---
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on. - TP
#3JCaeser(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2008 4:33:11 AM
okay, i pressed start in front of gambler facing underground path that leads to celadon and yes the ! did appear. then i flew to celadon with pidgeot, i dunno if that matters, then battled gambler on route east of Lt. surges town, the gambler with poliwag and horsea, i think it's horsea, beat him and flew to ghost town...place...thing went west and theres my pause screen and pressed B and i battle growlithe, captured him too
#4RossmacdaddyPosted 4/18/2008 3:24:48 PM
You don't get Mew from every trainer. You did the trick right though. The only two natural trainers who will give you a Mew are the first swimmer in Cerulean Gym, and the Slowpoke Kid on the way to Bill's house. If those two are beaten, you will have to use the Ditto method. This means you must fight a Pokemon with a special of 21. Consult the glitch FAQ on the Yellow FAQ page for details on common wild Pokemon with a special of 21. In the meantime, keep that long range gambler handy.
---
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on. - TP