exp all vs. grinding

#1Trance NecronPosted 6/30/2008 11:42:55 AM
So i've just picked this game up again because a friend challenged me to a battle. neither of us has a played in a year or so really so we've both been looking into all the new information revealed. We are having a 70 cap battle disallowing mewtwo and mew, everything else is fair game. So i come here for two reasons. One to ask any advice you all might have on good setups's to run, and also to check on the effect of exp all.

If i use an exp all to level pokemon, but don't actually have them fight, is that the same as using rare candies, I.E to i get gimped stats for doing this method.

Thanks
#2LiikalaPosted 6/30/2008 1:02:30 PM
Using Exp All has the same effect as Rare Candies.

To do quick training, just use Rare Candies and then use all vitamins on them when they're at 70. Their stats will be high enough.

---
- The guy who asked if he was a PotDer.
#3Prince EnixPosted 6/30/2008 7:57:43 PM
Really? I know in Gold/Silver/Crystal, using Exp Share is the same as actually fighting with them.
---
Just because you're celibate doesn't mean you can't dance!
tangst.blogspot.com
#4LiikalaPosted 6/30/2008 8:27:03 PM
Really? I know in Gold/Silver/Crystal, using Exp Share is the same as actually fighting with them.

Nope, because actual fighting gives you Stat Exp, while Exp Share and Exp All don't.

---
#5SSJ4AlchemistPosted 7/9/2008 11:39:26 AM
I don't know about in this game or G/S/C but in Emerald and FR/LG and even in D/P/P if you use an exp share the pokemon STILL get the EV's they would have gotten if they battled.
---
Never Interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. ~ Napoleon Bonaparte ~
#6_Pika740_Posted 7/9/2008 3:31:07 PM
Don't bump old topics.
---
Is this the full extent of your failure, or will it get even better? ~ gbchaosmaster
#7LiikalaPosted 7/9/2008 5:00:30 PM
I don't know about in this game or G/S/C but in Emerald and FR/LG and even in D/P/P if you use an exp share the pokemon STILL get the EV's they would have gotten if they battled.

This is an RBY board, the creator of the topic received answers to his questions, and you bump an old topic with a useless post.

---
#8mister yummyPosted 7/16/2008 12:42:33 PM
Actually, when you use Exp. All, the pokemon that get shared experience also get shared stat esperience. It's every bit as good as actually training them.

The Day Care, however, is the same as Rare Candies.
---
I Wish more people wanted to play Video Games with me.
Jeez, just mail me the game and I'll beat it for you. - BubbRubb
#9LiikalaPosted 7/16/2008 1:21:38 PM
Actually, when you use Exp. All, the pokemon that get shared experience also get shared stat esperience. It's every bit as good as actually training them.

You sure? ~_~

---
#10WaruigiPosted 7/16/2008 2:44:30 PM
That's what I've always heard.