Cinnabar Island glitch (pokemon over level 100)

#1xRavenx24fePosted 3/19/2009 5:35:56 PM
I know all about the MissingNo glitch, and know how to do all that, and during my experience, ive encountered the pokemon on that east black edge of Cinnabar Island on my quest to fight MissingNo to get unlimited rare candies...

Ive seen the pokemon that are over level 100...but is it safe to catch them? I know MissingNo in most cases is deadly to the game pak but the fact of having a pokemon over the max level is pretty epic, so i want them if its possible to do without messing up my game pak in the process

Thanks in advance
#2silentevil888Posted 3/19/2009 6:54:18 PM
I'm not a hundred percent sure, but if it isn't a glitch pokemon it should be safe to catch, forgive me if i'm wrong.
---
---
It was this or Residenthill.
#3pokedude7Posted 3/20/2009 5:10:24 AM
Yes, it is safe to catch them, however, if they get even one Exp point, they revert back to level 100.
#4xRavenx24fe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2009 11:47:11 AM
its good to hear its safe...even if they revert...ahh well, ill do it for the lulz
#5DuzzLightPosted 3/21/2009 7:59:47 AM
Missingno isn't, in any case, harmful to the game. The ONLY permanent affect it has is messing up the hall of fame completely, and may screw up some graphics when you look at its stats. The second glitch can be cured by looking at a normal pokemons stats.

Missingo is, i repeat, completely safe to catch and use.
#6silentevil888Posted 3/21/2009 1:59:53 PM
"Missingno isn't, in any case, harmful to the game. The ONLY permanent affect it has is messing up the hall of fame completely, and may screw up some graphics when you look at its stats. The second glitch can be cured by looking at a normal pokemons stats.

Missingo is, i repeat, completely safe to catch and use."

That sir, is a horrible lie.
---
---
#7Blaziken_rjcfPosted 3/21/2009 2:18:11 PM

"Missingno isn't, in any case, harmful to the game. The ONLY permanent affect it has is messing up the hall of fame completely, and may screw up some graphics when you look at its stats. The second glitch can be cured by looking at a normal pokemons stats.

Missingo is, i repeat, completely safe to catch and use."

That sir, is a horrible lie.
---
---

this. although the chances of having a negative effect by using missingNO. very slim there is still a chance of it messing up your game. like .00001%
---
i buyeded it - halo_play3r
#8GunbladeladPosted 3/21/2009 4:41:44 PM
Agreed. The risk of Missingno destroying a game is slim, but it is there.

Over the many years I've been around GameFAQs, there's only been around 10 or 11 reports (on this site) of a game being rendered unusable - including mine. Compare that to the hundreds of users that have been & gone over that time...
---
User is finally online...
#9moosemaster13Posted 3/21/2009 6:42:15 PM
Yea, Missingno messed up my game when I first got blue all those years ago...but I caught a lot of em and messed with them a lot, so that's probably why. And my game got erased. :(

I still remember the lvl 100 gyarados that I had...