what all other pokemon games can Pokemon Blue trade with?

#1TheGreenNinjaPosted 8/15/2009 1:53:23 AM
besides red and yellow?
---
Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me
#2GunbladeladPosted 8/15/2009 6:12:54 AM
The full list of games Pokemon Blue can link with;

Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Crystal
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon 2 (Gold/Silver)

Yellow can also link with the GB Printer, as can Gold, Silver & Crystal.
---
Official FF7SB Topic Killer
#3pojrPosted 8/15/2009 8:44:07 PM
Haha, something I didn't know. Now that I'm here, what would happen if you were to bring a Mew into Pokemon stadium? I could easily look it up, but I think someone would have more fun telling me. Also, is it possible to trade a Pokemon back from Gold/Silver/Crystal to Pokemon Blue?
---
pojr [poh-ger] - Dignity, the feeling of hope, and turning over a new leaf.
#4GunbladeladPosted 8/16/2009 4:50:08 AM
I have heard of some people having problems with storing Mew in a N64 box on Stadium, but there's no reported problems otherwise.

As for trading from Gold/Silver/Crystal, you can trade back, using the G/S/C "Time Capsule" - but only if your party meets the 2 following requirements;

1. All pokemon in your party existed in the first generation (No Pokedex entries over 151 allowed)
2. All moves on the Pokemon must exist in the first game (But no limitation on which Pokemon the moves are on)

You can bypass the party requirements by simply trading via the N64 Pokemon Stadium 2, and just trade between the GB boxes, but the Pokemon & move requirements are still there,
---
#5pojrPosted 8/16/2009 10:59:45 AM
What if you try to trade a red Gyarados back to Blue, what would happen? Would it show up blue again or turn down the request?
---
pojr [poh-ger] - Dignity, the feeling of hope, and turning over a new leaf.
#6GunbladeladPosted 8/16/2009 1:22:33 PM
"Shinyness" in G/S/C is derived form the DVs, or "genes", if you prefer. Because of this, the Gyrados will transfer happily, but show up as a normal blue Gyrados in R/B/Y.

However, as the DVs don't change when you trade, in G/S/C it will still be shiny. (A trick for G/S/C involves using a Shiny pokemon, the R/B/Y Mimic TM, and Ditto, with the end result being a shiny Ditto)

If your more familiar with the Advance games, then you might be aware of "IVs". These are hidden numbers running from 0 to 31 for each stat, and determine how strong the pokemon is (the higher the number, the better). The R/B/Y/G/S/C "DVs" are basically the same thing, but only run from 0 to 15. However, the effect for each increase of "1" is doubled.
---