Rate my pokemon team?

#1folivoraPosted 3/7/2011 9:11:29 PM
I am tying to build the perfect team of pokemon out of the original 150... I have:

snorlax
jolteon
alakazam
dragonite
arcanine
kabutops

Are these good? what would be better?
#2LiikalaPosted 3/8/2011 2:01:36 PM
I am tying to build the perfect team of pokemon out of the original 150... I have:

snorlax
jolteon
alakazam
dragonite
arcanine
kabutops

Are these good? what would be better?

Moves help.
#3GhostofStarmanPosted 3/9/2011 9:17:41 PM
Lando Kashmir's FAQ is pretty good, but his factors in battling with other players, which I don't do. For instant, he suggests a moveset of Double Team/Rest on Articuno, which would be a good healing strategy in battles with your friends, but I'd prefer to just have Articuno blast the crap out of everything. Here's a list of some of his best pokemon:

Alakazam- SS
Hypno- SS/T
Exeggutor- SS/A
Jynx- SS/A
Slowbro- T
Starmie- SS/A
Zapdos- SS
Jolteon- SS
Electabuzz- SS
Articuno- T
Lapras- T
Sandslash- PS
Rhydon- PS
Snorlax- PS/T
Chansey- SS/T
Tauros- PS

The letters next to each pokemon are the types of battler it is. Mewtwo and Mew aren't listed here, and Mewtwo is clearly the best in the whole game. There are plenty of FAQs and opinions on teams, but the pokemon listed here are very good.

My team is Mewtwo, Articuno, Jolteon, Tauros, Chansey, and Exeggutor. Obviously, the only thing I'd suggest is to have a little balance across the board, don't take all Psychic pokemon and such.
---
"We don't have time for this now, do we?"
- Auron, FFX
#4LiikalaPosted 3/10/2011 12:26:39 PM
lolno

Lando Kashmir's FAQ is pretty good

It's pretty outdated.

but his factors in battling with other players, which I don't do. For instant, he suggests a moveset of Double Team/Rest on Articuno, which would be a good healing strategy in battles with your friends, but I'd prefer to just have Articuno blast the crap out of everything.

House rules usually include the banning of Evasion moves anyway.

Here's a list of some of his best pokemon:
Electabuzz- SS
Sandslash- PS

lol

The letters next to each pokemon are the types of battler it is. Mewtwo and Mew aren't listed here, and Mewtwo is clearly the best in the whole game. There are plenty of FAQs and opinions on teams, but the pokemon listed here are very good.

Moves are important and team structure even more. Just picking any 6 Pokemon doesn't make a solid team.

My team is Mewtwo, Articuno, Jolteon, Tauros, Chansey, and Exeggutor. Obviously, the only thing I'd suggest is to have a little balance across the board, don't take all Psychic pokemon and such.

Having all Psychics is fine. The problem is you can't kill stallers like Chansey, Alakazam, etc with them.
#5ReploidAXZPosted 3/20/2011 9:53:41 AM
I've never battled anyone in my life, i'd like too, but would not know where to start haha.
I've got a... Let me see....

Level 100 Mew..

That's it haha.
And i've heard you're not allowed to use Mew/Mewtwo, is that true?
I've got all the TMs ready to use but cannot deside what i want my team as, it's just Mew atm.
I'm trying to get 151 first, i'm on 145 atm, once i've got that i'll start focusing on team mates but have no idea what to put in my team.
#6LiikalaPosted 3/20/2011 2:10:16 PM
I've never battled anyone in my life, i'd like too, but would not know where to start haha.

http://www.rby2k10.proboards.com/index.cgi

Come say hi.
#7MarquisOndorePosted 3/21/2011 6:55:01 AM
Making a team in Netbattle to play other gamers (who will be continuously kicking your ass for quite a long time until you get used to the metagame) is one thing, making a team that is effective at any point of the game is another. For example, nobody would ever bother using a Primeape in competitive games, unless it's a UU match, but if you're playing Yellow Version, training a Mankey is extremely effective at the start of the game due to Low Kick being super-effective on many of the trained Pokemon you battle and Karate Chop being an auto-critical.

Competitive battling is more about mindgames on the basis of prediction and variations of standard movesets and spreading of status, namely paralysis and sleep, whereas in-game is all about efficiently training a powerful team (not just for E4 but for any particular point in the game) that gets as many OHKOs as possible.

But really, the last three Pokes in your team indicate that it's not quite a "perfect" run, at least from the point of view of efficiency. Kabutops and Dragonite take too long to be trained and the babying isn't even worthwhile (Dragonite gets no STAB attacks to make use of his high physical stat), and Arcanine isn't particularly effective when after becoming first available.
---
Capt. Basch fon Ronsenburg, for Incitement of Sedition and the Assassination of H.R.M. King Raminas, has been found Guilty of High Treason and put to his Death.