bring pokemon blue/red back

#1shyeaPosted 3/22/2011 7:36:08 PM

i know this could never happen but i think these games would be fun online it would be a fun thing to look at on the ps3 network..yes i know its a nintendo game but just the thought wouldnt be bad, as long as it would cost as low as $5....well those were the days miss those days you would need a cable to battle or trade.....they could make some cool trophies to go along with it...... just a thought XD classic game

#2SxmfctPosted 3/23/2011 5:54:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEPpwQlRu5M
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
#3shyea(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2011 4:56:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4GunbladeladPosted 3/24/2011 5:54:01 AM
I reckon it'll show up before long on the planned Nintendo 3DS virtual console...
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#5hylianarmyPosted 3/25/2011 12:11:23 AM
i know this could never happen but i think these games would be fun online it would be a fun thing to look at on the ps3 network.

Fiend! Begone! I'll not have you spewing such heresies in mine domain!

yes i know its a nintendo game

If you knew, then why bring it up in the first place?

but just the thought wouldnt be bad, as long as it would cost as low as $5

Nintendo is very zealous about protecting its intellectual property. I wouldn't call them sue-happy, but I can say with 100% certainty that they would file a suit if Sony put Nintendo games on their online service and started charging for it.

....well those were the days miss those days you would need a cable to battle or trade

Why put it on PSN, where it won't be able to do any of those things?!

.....they could make some cool trophies to go along with it

No. Just... no. Get out.
---
Kill one person, and you go to prison. Kill 20, and you get instiutionalized. Kill 100,000, and you are granted political asylum.
#6shyea(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2011 11:04:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7GunbladeladPosted 3/25/2011 11:32:41 AM
Hold on - Hylian listed very good reasons on why no Nintendo franchise will be released on a rival's format. Heck, just do a little research on the fuss about Goldeneye N64 with regards to the re-releases on the Virtual Console and Microsoft's equivalent. Nintendo effectively killed the entire thing off by refusing to share the rights with Microsoft. Every other party involved with the Bond Licence (including Eon Productions, MGM, Microsoft, EA, Rareware and Eurocom) agreed to a multi-format release. Nintendo didn't agree.

The whole purpose of the Pokemon series of games is to get people to communicate face to face - trade & battle over the internet removes that from the game, which is why the creators behind the team have said they'll never release a Pokemon RPG on a format who's main use for the trade & battle will be online only.

Remember - most of us here enjoy pure gameplay, and graphics & music aren't important to us here - would we still be playing 8-bit games if we were? Most of the Playstation & xbox kiddies wouldn't know how to play a game if it didn't have about 10 million shades of brown & green with photo-realistic graphics. To me, Gameplay is the most important thing about games - not how many people I can play online or how pretty they look & sound.

Heck, I used to program my own games when I was a kid, and that means ASCII graphics. Show any kid that nowadays and they'll just look at you as if you're insane now.

Finally, please don't try to troll us after we've given clear and legitimate reasons why something you've posted will never happen..
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#8SxmfctPosted 3/25/2011 3:28:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9SxmfctPosted 3/25/2011 3:28:49 PM

dont bother posting just 4get it the hel l with all you screw you all got nothing but negative things to say....go play little big planet you

LOLOLOLOLOL

I so wish "u mad" wasn't a moddable meme right now. :(
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.
#10hylianarmyPosted 3/26/2011 3:33:44 PM
Oh, I so wish that I could have read that message. Would've been good for a laugh, no doubt.
---
Kill one person, and you go to prison. Kill 20, and you get instiutionalized. Kill 100,000, and you are granted political asylum.