Completed the Pokedex

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. Completed the Pokedex
4 years ago#1
So between my red, blue and pokemon stadium I completed the pokedex on my blue version. Was hoping for something cool or some sort of reward, nope nothing, can go see a certificate and be congratulated by professor oak, what a huge waste of time. Wish they had made something special for completing the pokedex
4 years ago#2
Congratulations. It was a long time coming, but you've finally got there.

Granted, all you get ingame is a certificate, but you get the satisfaction in knowing that you've actually managed to "Catch 'em all".

With the current batch of games, I doubt many people will have the time or resources to go out to get a full "national pokedex" - I stopped counting with Gen 2, but I do have a complete Pokedex on Yellow, Crystal & Ruby. I really couldn't be bothered with the later games.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
4 years ago#3
Congrats, you caught all 150-151. Now there's 649. Get going.
---
I <3 God
Check my quote to see my video game collection
(edited 0 seconds ago)
4 years ago#4
I will say this, though: By having trades be over wi-fi now, it's a heck of a lot easier to do it. I don't have access to the correct wi-fi most of the time, but I just like to try and finish the region's pokedex more than the national.
---
"You want me to take off more than that?"
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3564/922170-83_zubat_large.png
4 years ago#5
Definitely. I never had 151 on the Pokedex until 2006, but now I'm sitting on around 400 in Platinum, with the only things left being evolutions and trades from HG/SS. Thanks to wi-fi and online/friend code trades, everything was simplified by quite a bit. With the way things are now,I could sit down now and have all of the rest those finished before sleeping. Black and White will be a bit of a different monster though. Slow method of transfer between 4th and 5th gen games will make things quite a bit slower for the majority of what needs transferred. Still, at least the important ones could be easily found with wi-fi.
---
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr
4 years ago#6
Really? I found it to be the opposite. The transfer from Gen 3 to gen 4 was much slower. It takes me more time to run around finding all those pokes in the pal park than the catapult mini game in gen 5 takes me. Not to mention the limit of once per day thing. It only took me a couple of hours to transfer the 400 or so pokemon I had in SS to white. I'm currently sitting at 625/649 myself. Just need some event pokemon and some legendaries I've neglected to collect over the years. All of which require me to start a new game on that cartridge.
---
White FC: Jack 3997-5952-8118
4 years ago#7
I've only heard what a friend said about it since I still only have my saves at the beginning of Black and White. I think he may have been raging a bit for whatever reason when he said it, because it doesn't sound that bad now. I also didn't know that the daily transfer limit didn't apply, so things are looking better than I had expected.

I'll admit though that having multiple titles in a generation did help a bit with Pal Park.
---
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Blue Version
  3. Completed the Pokedex

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived