Completed the Pokedex

#1gobluefan101Posted 11/4/2011 9:07:08 PM
So between my red, blue and pokemon stadium I completed the pokedex on my blue version. Was hoping for something cool or some sort of reward, nope nothing, can go see a certificate and be congratulated by professor oak, what a huge waste of time. Wish they had made something special for completing the pokedex
#2GunbladeladPosted 11/5/2011 12:24:38 PM
Congratulations. It was a long time coming, but you've finally got there.

Granted, all you get ingame is a certificate, but you get the satisfaction in knowing that you've actually managed to "Catch 'em all".

With the current batch of games, I doubt many people will have the time or resources to go out to get a full "national pokedex" - I stopped counting with Gen 2, but I do have a complete Pokedex on Yellow, Crystal & Ruby. I really couldn't be bothered with the later games.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#3TheGreatDebatePosted 11/7/2011 6:00:54 AM(edited)
Congrats, you caught all 150-151. Now there's 649. Get going.
---
I <3 God
Check my quote to see my video game collection
#4Argh4430Posted 11/12/2011 10:50:44 PM
I will say this, though: By having trades be over wi-fi now, it's a heck of a lot easier to do it. I don't have access to the correct wi-fi most of the time, but I just like to try and finish the region's pokedex more than the national.
---
"You want me to take off more than that?"
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3564/922170-83_zubat_large.png
#5FallaciaPosted 11/12/2011 11:03:21 PM
Definitely. I never had 151 on the Pokedex until 2006, but now I'm sitting on around 400 in Platinum, with the only things left being evolutions and trades from HG/SS. Thanks to wi-fi and online/friend code trades, everything was simplified by quite a bit. With the way things are now,I could sit down now and have all of the rest those finished before sleeping. Black and White will be a bit of a different monster though. Slow method of transfer between 4th and 5th gen games will make things quite a bit slower for the majority of what needs transferred. Still, at least the important ones could be easily found with wi-fi.
---
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr
#6PringlesmanPosted 11/13/2011 2:45:45 AM
Really? I found it to be the opposite. The transfer from Gen 3 to gen 4 was much slower. It takes me more time to run around finding all those pokes in the pal park than the catapult mini game in gen 5 takes me. Not to mention the limit of once per day thing. It only took me a couple of hours to transfer the 400 or so pokemon I had in SS to white. I'm currently sitting at 625/649 myself. Just need some event pokemon and some legendaries I've neglected to collect over the years. All of which require me to start a new game on that cartridge.
---
White FC: Jack 3997-5952-8118
#7FallaciaPosted 11/13/2011 4:51:48 AM
I've only heard what a friend said about it since I still only have my saves at the beginning of Black and White. I think he may have been raging a bit for whatever reason when he said it, because it doesn't sound that bad now. I also didn't know that the daily transfer limit didn't apply, so things are looking better than I had expected.

I'll admit though that having multiple titles in a generation did help a bit with Pal Park.
---
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr