Snorlax was never on Route 12, and the TM for Body Slam was gone (TM08?)

#1WiinolikePS3Posted 11/9/2011 1:07:39 PM
Okay, both of these happened on my Pokemon Red, while playing it with the Dodrio gameboy on Pokemon Stadium.

They were separate files, mind you, and I play through the game A LOT. Like, I've played through the game hundreds of times, and for some reason, it just never gets old. Anyways, I was playing through one time, and I got to Route 12, to the bridge where Snorlax is supposed to be blocking off the path... and it wasn't there. I know this sounds really stupid, but my only logical thinking for it is that somehow the flag got triggered by something random and it caused it to vanish. I've never had it happen before, and I can't get it to happen again. I wish I had checked before I got the Pokeflute, because it would've been fun to sequence break a bit (and skip Rock Tunnel, which I STILL hate even though I can easily get through in the dark)

Very recently, not even a week ago, I was playing through Red while trying to train a team for Round 2 Poke Cup, and I wanted Body Slam on something (probably Tauros, I think. I used the "mew glitch" to get a level 7 Tauros in Vermillion), and when I got to the room in the S.S. Anne with the two kids (a guy and a girl; the girl just has a pidgey and says something like "I traveled all over the world for these pokemon!), there was no item ball there. There's NO WAY I could've picked it up and forgotten, because that's literally the FIRST cabin I entered because I went in the S.S.Anne JUST to pick up TM08 (Body Slam), HM01 (Cut), and that one Rare Candy.

Does anyone have any idea how this could've happened? I didn't glitch at all on the file with the Snorlax, though I did use the "mew glitch" to find Tauros, Staryu, Exeggcute, Rhyhorn, and Missingno (Which I used to clone a bunch of nuggets for max cash for stat-boosting vitamins). I've always been curious about the Snorlax disappearing thing, but now that I've recently gotten cheated out of a TM I'm determined to find out how this has happened twice now, since I'm sure it's the same thing happening to both of them. Yeah, I guess it could be my game, but I seriously doubt that my game would be messed up in a way that it ONLY thinks certain flags are triggers on ONE file and then acts normally from there on out.

Anyone?
---
I play Black Ops because I'd rather play a terrible game with my friends than play a good game alone. Black FC: 0991-1063-0052
#2GunbladeladPosted 11/9/2011 6:11:43 PM
There have been rare reports of certain things vanishing when the Mew Glitch is used, such as the Nugget Bridge team rocket grunt, or one of the Snorlax.

It's not been anything I've ever seen though.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#3WiinolikePS3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2011 9:00:56 PM
Now that I think about it, I think I probably did use the mew glitch on the file that didn't have the Snorlax... and chances are, I might've also used it to get Missingno. to duplicate Rare Candies or something earlier in the game. Could it have something to do with using the Mew Glitch to encounter Missingno. early, and this could be a side effect of Missingno. that hasn't been observed due to its regular appearance being late in the game?

Of course, that also could have nothing to do with it, but I've had many files where I messed with the mew glitch and I normally don't have trouble...
---
I play Black Ops because I'd rather play a terrible game with my friends than play a good game alone. Black FC: 0991-1063-0052
#4TheGreatDebatePosted 11/10/2011 5:34:19 AM
The snorlax disappeared when I did the mew glitch as well. I didn't know what went wrong. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not going crazy.
---
I <3 God
Check my quote to see my video game collection
#5MaskedSheikPosted 11/10/2011 10:28:03 PM
The last disappearable thing (person, Snorlax, etc.) you see before you do the Mew Glitch will vanish. Someone can probably explain it more precisely...but yeah, you can make the Snorlax disappear consistently and purposefully. Good for sequence breaking!
---
What I think is the really dangerous approach is the "let's be artistic" attitude. I know that artistry just happens. ~Fred Astaire
#6TheGreatDebatePosted 11/11/2011 8:54:05 AM
MaskedSheik posted...
The last disappearable thing (person, Snorlax, etc.) you see before you do the Mew Glitch will vanish. Someone can probably explain it more precisely...but yeah, you can make the Snorlax disappear consistently and purposefully. Good for sequence breaking!

But it vanished before I ever got to see it.
---
I <3 God
Check my quote to see my video game collection
#7MaskedSheikPosted 11/12/2011 12:59:47 AM
Well, that's out of my depth.
---
What I think is the really dangerous approach is the "let's be artistic" attitude. I know that artistry just happens. ~Fred Astaire