charizard lv 50
dewgong lv 50(with surf)
raichu lv 50
the evoultion of geodude(i don't remember)lv 50
beedrill lv 50
machamp lv 50

with this team i have a type match up vs all types:-

vs normal:- machamp(any fighting move)
vs fighting:- dewgong(ice beam or blizzard)
vs flying:- raichu(any thunder move)
vs rock:- dewgong(surf)
vs ground:- dewgong(surf)
vs steel:- charizard(any fire move)
vs poison:- the evoultion of geodude(any rock move)
vs bug:- charizard(any fire move)
vs ghost:- beedril(poison move) or the evouliton of geodude(earthquake)
vs dark:- machamp(fighting move)
vs fire:- dewgong(surf)
vs water:- raichu(any thunder move)
vs grass:- charizard(any fire move)
vs ice:- charizard(any fire move)
vs thunder:- the evoultion of geodude(any ground move)
vs dragon:- dewgong(any ice move)
vs psychic:- beedrill(any bug move) or the evoultion of geodude(earthquake)

moves:-

charizard:- flamethrower,iron tail,ember,leer.
beedrill:- twineedle,fury cutter,poison sting,string shot.
raichu:- thunder,thunderbolt,thunder wave,quick attack.
dewgong:- blizzard,ice beam,surf,nothing(move deleter).
the evouliton of geodude:- magintude,earth quake,defense curl,rollout.
machamp:- counter,vital throw,mach punch,karate chop.

any good suggestions for the moves and the pokemons?

and how good is my team?
#2GunbladeladPosted 2/5/2012 2:58:06 PM
First of all, your team's nowhere near competitive level. It may be passable for a fun team however. Added to this, you've listed moves that don't exist on Gen 1 for several Pokemon. My guess is you've looked at movesets for Pokemon on the recent generations of Pokemon games.

Do try to research the game you're wanting to go for, as it will help vastly.

Bear in mind here that I am NOT a team rater - I simply battle for fun, not competition.

Iron Tail doesn't exist in Gen 1, and you should always avoid using more than 1 move with the same type - here you've got Flamethrower and Ember. The "Standard" Charizard has Sword's Dance, Slash, Flamethrower & Earthquake. This gives it a chance to hit any type pretty hard.

Fury Cutter doesn't exist, Poison Sting is weak beyond belief, and String Shot's just useless - especially when you consider Beedrill learns Agility. Twineedle is Beedrill's best attack, and in Gen 1 it covers Grass, Poison & Psychic types (All ghost types in Gen 1 are part-poison, so it's good for them too). The "standard" Beedrill is one I came up with years ago. Twineedle, Hyper Beam, Swords Dance & Agility. The basic idea with it is to power up then attack hard & fast, but it won't last long in a fight. Almost any Pokemon can wipe it out.

Again, like Charizard, you've got multiple moves of the same type on a Pokemon. T-wave is acceptable because it's a status-spreader - not an attack Ditch Thunder (The lower accuracy will hurt) and consider a different move. Surf is a popular move (available through Pokemon Stadium for Pikachu) as it allows Raichu to hit ground & rocks hard.

Keep either Blizzard OR Ice Beam, lose the other. I don't know Dewgong well enough to recommend a moveset, but keep Surf.

Golem:- magintude,earth quake,defense curl,rollout.

Here you have not one but 2 moves that do not exist in Gen 1 - Magnitude and Rollout. Ditch Defence Curl, and that leaves you with just Earthquake. Add in Body Slam, Rock Slide and Explosion. Now you'll have a Golem designed to hit as much as possible, and take it's opponent with it when things look bad.

Again, 2 moves (Vital Throw & Mach Punch) that don't exist in Gen 1. Fighting Types REALLY suffer in Gen 1 as the metagame is dominated by 2 types. Psychics and Normal types. While on paper, Fighters have an advantage over normal, lack of decent movepools for them really mean that any will struggle to survive. Definitely a Pokemon to consider switching - Consider Tauros or Snorlax instead.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#3LiikalaPosted 2/5/2012 7:39:30 PM
0.5/10 Eww.
#4ffvultimate2000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2012 12:50:15 AM
gunbladelad77 posted...
First of all, your team's nowhere near competitive level. It may be passable for a fun team however. Added to this, you've listed moves that don't exist on Gen 1 for several Pokemon. My guess is you've looked at movesets for Pokemon on the recent generations of Pokemon games.

Do try to research the game you're wanting to go for, as it will help vastly.

Bear in mind here that I am NOT a team rater - I simply battle for fun, not competition.

Iron Tail doesn't exist in Gen 1, and you should always avoid using more than 1 move with the same type - here you've got Flamethrower and Ember. The "Standard" Charizard has Sword's Dance, Slash, Flamethrower & Earthquake. This gives it a chance to hit any type pretty hard.

Fury Cutter doesn't exist, Poison Sting is weak beyond belief, and String Shot's just useless - especially when you consider Beedrill learns Agility. Twineedle is Beedrill's best attack, and in Gen 1 it covers Grass, Poison & Psychic types (All ghost types in Gen 1 are part-poison, so it's good for them too). The "standard" Beedrill is one I came up with years ago. Twineedle, Hyper Beam, Swords Dance & Agility. The basic idea with it is to power up then attack hard & fast, but it won't last long in a fight. Almost any Pokemon can wipe it out.

Again, like Charizard, you've got multiple moves of the same type on a Pokemon. T-wave is acceptable because it's a status-spreader - not an attack Ditch Thunder (The lower accuracy will hurt) and consider a different move. Surf is a popular move (available through Pokemon Stadium for Pikachu) as it allows Raichu to hit ground & rocks hard.

Keep either Blizzard OR Ice Beam, lose the other. I don't know Dewgong well enough to recommend a moveset, but keep Surf.

Golem:- magintude,earth quake,defense curl,rollout.

Here you have not one but 2 moves that do not exist in Gen 1 - Magnitude and Rollout. Ditch Defence Curl, and that leaves you with just Earthquake. Add in Body Slam, Rock Slide and Explosion. Now you'll have a Golem designed to hit as much as possible, and take it's opponent with it when things look bad.

Again, 2 moves (Vital Throw & Mach Punch) that don't exist in Gen 1. Fighting Types REALLY suffer in Gen 1 as the metagame is dominated by 2 types. Psychics and Normal types. While on paper, Fighters have an advantage over normal, lack of decent movepools for them really mean that any will struggle to survive. Definitely a Pokemon to consider switching - Consider Tauros or Snorlax instead.

thanks and with the team u mantioned i killed the eilte four in level 50!!! xD
#5GunbladeladPosted 2/6/2012 7:07:41 AM
To be honest, I can have an untrained Snorlax (you catch it at level 30) solo the Elite 4, but I'm glad to hear that my post was able to help you ingame.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#6ffvultimate2000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 2:35:55 AM
(please any moderator close the topic)
#7MrPerson01Posted 2/9/2012 7:50:07 AM
You're supposed to close your own topic.
#8mister yummyPosted 2/9/2012 8:40:13 AM
I have no idea why people continue to use Sword's Dance with Slash. OK, it makes sensesometimes, but I see it where Slash is the only physical attack a pokemon has!

Slash has a high critical hit rate. Sword's Dance raises attack. When you critical, you don't get the boosted attack, you get 150% of the base attack. SD is a wasted move if the only physical attack you have is Slash. Even on EQ Charizard, you could put something better there.

The worse offended is Persian. I see this Persiasn set a lot

Sword's Dance
Slash
Bubblebeam
TBolt

Sword's Dance is COMPLETELY WASTED here. Persian will get a critical nearly every time Slash hits.
---
I Wish more people wanted to play Video Games with me.
Jeez, just mail me the game and I'll beat it for you. - BubbRubb
#9ffvultimate2000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 11:09:26 AM
yes b ut i don't know how to close the topic
#10LiikalaPosted 2/12/2012 8:01:44 PM
I see this Persiasn set a lot

Sword's Dance
Slash
Bubblebeam
TBolt

No you don't.