I'm disappointed in my younger self.

#1Samuel 025Posted 3/29/2012 8:31:08 PM
As I've grown and matured through the years, I start to look back and embrace a few select material items that meant a lot to me. But now I hang my head in shame as my most nostalgic game is lost to me forever.

My original Blue version. Nowhere to be found in the plastic time capsules of my old closet. Most likely traded away to add pennies to another games purchase.

The single game that made me the gamer I am today. Never to be held again. All 151 Pokemon captured. Semi legit Mew. Legit level 100 Venusaur.

Missed, but never forgotten.

P.S.: I hate hindsight. Wish I could have felt nostalgic before selling the game.
---
I'm on the mods Speed Dial.
#2pokedude7Posted 3/30/2012 12:35:14 PM
Good News! If you truly wish to reacquire Pokemon Blue, you can find it on Ebay and stores like Gamestop, or even at your local Pawn shop.
#3Samuel 025(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2012 6:49:15 PM
pokedude7 posted...
Good News! If you truly wish to reacquire Pokemon Blue, you can find it on Ebay and stores like Gamestop, or even at your local Pawn shop.

I'm not so nostalgic that I want to replay the original game, I just wish I had my old cart with my original team. I beat the game when I was 9 and I'm 21 now. Just curious to see my thought processes from 12 years ago.

Although it would be so awesome to be sitting on the subway and whip out the original Game Boy and start playing it there while everyone twiddles on their smart phones and iPads.

*google search local pawn shops*
---
#4GunbladeladPosted 4/1/2012 1:59:57 PM
I still have my original Game Boy(s) and games...
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#5Samuel 025(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 10:06:19 PM
gunbladelad77 posted...
I still have my original Game Boy(s) and games...

Congratulations. What's with the ellipsis?
---
#6moneyman82Posted 4/2/2012 12:43:01 AM
Hi there guys, glad to see that there are still people (however few) that post on this board and who played this game when it first came out. I got this game for my 6th birthday (I'm now 18),and it is probably my fondest memory of all time. I played it in a Montanas restaurant while I had a birthday dinner with my parents on my Green Gameboy Colour (also received it on the same day).

It's amazing that I can picture this memory so clearly...I remember looking at the back of the box, opening up my gameboy colour, putting the case that I used to have on it, wondering how to get out of the house at the beginning of the game...Wow.
---
Check out my Youtube Channel! www.youtube.com/thepoketran for WI-FI BATTLES!
Pokemon Black FC: 1635 6449 9275
#7Samuel 025(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2012 6:01:49 AM
Yeah, it's crazy to think back at how I used to play games as an 8 year old. It's the game that got me into gaming and the first one I ever fully completed. I still remember the feeling I got when I read the back of the box and the manual. First starting up the game is probably the most excited I've ever been for a game, just about ever.

I actually remember catching the last Poke to finish my Pokedex. It was a Tauros that I caught in the Safari Zone in the car on the way to a birthday party for a family member. I was 10. Such good memories. Still kicking myself that I don't have the game. :/
---