Impossible to check base power of moves?

#1RaemPosted 12/12/2012 4:45:47 PM
Hi everyone

I picked my game again after a REALLY long time and started a new file, but I haven't found a way to check the base power of moves (to compare, for example, the power of bite and slash on meowth).

Is it possible in this games? Or am I just blind and not looking carefully?

Thanks in advance.
---
Kam~
#2StSPosted 12/13/2012 4:10:06 AM
Not ingame, no. This was only introduced in later generations (heck, I think it was introduced in Gen3, but I'm not sure...)
---
Sandal that Stinks
#3pokedude7Posted 12/13/2012 6:33:42 AM
Actually, you can check the BP of moves in 2nd gen. Just go to the pokemon and select Move in the submenu, choose a move and it will tell you the BP (but not the Base Accuracy).
#4StSPosted 12/13/2012 10:21:40 AM
Oh, ok. I was sure that you couldn't do it in this game, but wasn't sure about second gen, since I've been playing HG recently, and I've forgotten what was in the original and what wasn't. =P
---
Sandal that Stinks
#5Raem(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 10:59:44 PM
Oh ok, I thought as much... hahaha gotta love these games anyways (and doing the mew glitch... oh my god, its wonderful)

Thank you both
---
Kam~
#6GunbladeladPosted 12/14/2012 4:58:20 AM
I could probably check, but you might be able to check the base power of moves in Pokemon Stadium.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#7_pigzigaccount5Posted 12/14/2012 5:49:55 PM
ahh yes i remember one of the worst things about this game was X tries to learn a new move and you have no idea what to delete for it or what sort of move it will be. there are obvious ones like slash but then there is stuff like rage agility and super fang
---
BEASTモードPIGZIGPIGZIGPIGZIGPIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG
PIGZIG PIGZIG PIGZIG
#8yoshipatrolPosted 12/15/2012 5:30:25 PM
This always annoyed me in Gen 2 since I had no idea what all these new moves did. I remember teaching Baton Pass to Girafarig and feeling really dumb about it afterward. Gen 2 gave you the ability to check out the base power and effects of moves but only after a Pokemon already knew them.