This board is why I made my GameFAQs account

#11Timpy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:14:52 PM
I eventually got Pokemon Emerald, and then Pearl (which I was excited about) and Black (which I was in no way excited about). I dabbled with other online battle simulators. I've never been a great battler because I use the Pokemon I like more than Pokemon that win. With weather teams ruling the current meta I just get frustrated. I like Flygon more than Salamence, this has always been the downfall with the competitive side of Pokemon. You have your choices greatly restricted. I mostly just play and battle with friends now, but it's really casual. It is cool seeing that so many of you guys are still around.
#12Mr_GGFanPosted 2/22/2013 7:46:00 AM(edited)
~I remember the time I called Gunbladelad fat and then he threatened to have me arrested.

~I remember winning two tournaments in one night, much to the umbrage of many people.

~I remember the "loser leaves town" match against Undone, and then the hilarious tournament match afterwards.

~I remember beating Nitro with a team of five Pokemon in MetalMew's type-clause tournament.

Good times.
---
I love not to be constrained to love; for love must only arise of the heart's self, and not by no constraint. - Lancelot
#137th_Sign_Posted 2/23/2013 7:03:18 PM
GGfan, you don't have to ignore me brother. I apologize for all the personal shots I took at you and I recognize I contributed absolutely nothing to this board other than trying to get under your skin.

We're grown men now, and I know you're a smart guy... Smart enough to realize that holding on to any anger you may have will benefit you in no way... And it certainly won't affect me, so I hope you have let it all go. Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

When it comes to this game, I simply can't compete with your accomplishments. In terms of intelligence, I respect you completely. Adapting to society and this world we live in makes us crazy enough, **** the person I was for trying to make it even harder on you.

I seek no validation from anybody, the only respect that matters to me anymore is self-respect. I hope you also respect yourself, I see no reason why you should not. But what I think doesn't matter at all, it's all up to you brother.

Good luck man! If I ever happen to be discussing pokemon with somebody, I'll be sure to brag how I personally knew the greatest all around player that existed on this planet.
#14samthedigitalPosted 2/25/2013 3:08:56 AM
I'll be sure to brag how I personally knew the greatest all around player that existed on this planet.

I found this a little amusing.
---
GTM Fanclub
#15Mr_GGFanPosted 2/27/2013 10:53:17 AM
Good.
---
Ist zwivel herzen nachgebur, daz muoz der sele werden sur. - Wolfram von Eschenbach
#16Timpy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 1:00:12 PM
This is weird what's all this bad blood about? We're all gentlemen here.
#17Mr_GGFanPosted 2/27/2013 1:13:23 PM
He's just reminiscing about simpler times.
---
Ist zwivel herzen nachgebur, daz muoz der sele werden sur. - Wolfram von Eschenbach
#18TheBigQuestionPosted 2/27/2013 2:58:20 PM
Heh, I love GGFan.

So this is where you got started, isn't it? Did anybody else become as successful as you?
---
I'm here for you.
#19Mr_GGFanPosted 2/27/2013 3:41:02 PM
No, I am easily the best and most successful player to have started on GameFAQs.

However, it's important to know that GameFAQs was dead as a competitive outlet by 2006. Moreover, RBY on GameFAQs died a year earlier.
---
#20shallow manPosted 2/28/2013 5:01:07 PM
^^^ For the most part, yeah. The community and competitive scene fell drastically around 2005. We got older and had less time for battling. Not only that, but the RBYStadium channel on IRC disappeared at some point which most of the people who'd been around longer used.
---
He who is not bold enough to be stared at from across the abyss is not bold enough to stare into himself.
SSBB FC: 5241-1666-4293