After All These Years...

#1Heathen_GeekPosted 3/1/2013 4:40:28 PM
I recently started playing through Poke'mon Blue again after finding my old Gameboy, I needed something to distract me from my studies. Though, I don't want to go through the game using the same Poke'mon as I did as a child, so I'm trying to put together a team of Poke'mon that are not generally used. At the moment, I have

Clefairy ( Fable ) Level 27
Ice Beam
Minimize
Flash
Sing

Wartortle ( Bombur ) Level 30
Bite
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Mega Punch

Butterfree ( Butterbop ) Level 27
Sleep Power
Super Sonic
Confusion
Whirlwind

Farfetch'd ( DUX ) Level 29
Peck
Sand-Attack
Swords Dance
Fury Attack

Sandslash ( Grounder ) Level 28
Cut
Sand-Attack
Slash
Dig

I'm thinking of replacing the Wartortle and Sandslash, but I'm not sure what to replace them with. I'd prefer not to use Poke'mon that are exceptionally powerful.
#2Mr_GGFanPosted 3/2/2013 9:09:19 AM
lol ingame.

Wow, it's been years since I've said that.
---
Ist zwivel herzen nachgebur, daz muoz der sele werden sur. - Wolfram von Eschenbach
#3TimpyPosted 3/2/2013 1:54:43 PM
Farfetch'd is definitely a rarely-used Pokemon. Go the whole game without evolving your Wartortle, that would be a cool rarely used pokemon.

A bunch of friends and I are doing a scrambled eggs game in Black and White 2. Everybody's breeding pokemon and we're trading the eggs at random, whatever team you end up with will be the team you use in game. The idea is to fill the game with pokemon that are cool but you wouldn't normally use, lower tier pokemon, pokemon that you would normally find really late game and wouldn't be able to actually use for the story line (of course, I use the term "story line" lightly). We're all getting our pokemon bred now. It should be a very cool game, kind of chasing after a similar experience that you are right now.
#4Redwall DudePosted 3/5/2013 7:09:55 PM
Mr_GGFan posted...
lol ingame.

Wow, it's been years since I've said that.

How have you been?
---
#yolo
#5Mr_GGFanPosted 3/5/2013 9:31:07 PM
Excuse me?
---
Ist zwivel herzen nachgebur, daz muoz der sele werden sur. - Wolfram von Eschenbach
#6GunbladeladPosted 3/5/2013 11:30:45 PM
Always good to see someone take up the incentive to play through ingame again - never mind the ones who are making light of you simply wanting to do things your own way.

Once you've finished that run-through, if you find yourself wanting to do another run, then there's a wide selection of "challenges" that you can impose on yourself for subsequent runs. Feel free to ask for suggestions (or even do a websearch) if that time comes.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#7Mr_GGFanPosted 3/6/2013 6:20:11 AM
^lol
---
#8TimpyPosted 3/6/2013 10:06:33 AM
Yeah the Nuzlocke Challenge is designed to use Pokemon you've never used before, and form a stronger bond with those Pokemon.
#9gbchaosmasterPosted 3/6/2013 11:57:33 AM
There's a simple way to accomplish that than a Nuzlocke "challenge" - like actually choosing those pokemon.
---
gbchaosmaster
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/gbchaosmaster/gbAmonAm.jpg
#10Mr_GGFanPosted 3/6/2013 4:49:06 PM
It's funny how Gunbladelad acts exactly the same way he did 10 years ago.
---